Interview with Daniel Murdoch - Creator of MyTopix

• Admin

The Sandman

Administrator
The Sandman submitted a new Article:

Interview with Daniel Murdoch - Creator of MyTopix

Daniel Wilhelm II Murdoch, AKA cyberxtreme org, is the creator of MyTopix Personal Message Board software. MyTopix is a free forum software solution based on keeping the code clean and simple. Let's see what else we can find out about Daniel and MyTopix.

==================================

Can you give us a brief bio?

Well, my full name is Daniel Wilhelm II Murdoch. I’m 24 years old and currently reside in Illinois (USA). I was born in the small (at the time) village of Minden, Germany.

When I was 4, my mom met my step dad who was in the USAF. They got married a year later and we got stationed in the US. I’ve bounced back and forth to Germany a few times, but hope to someday return for good. I still hold a German citizenship, but I don’t see myself letting go of that for quite some time, if ever.

Besides, since 9/11 the paperwork involved in the naturalization process has increased 1000 fold. I HATE paperwork, so it kinda works out for me.

What is your educational background?

Not much to say here except that I graduated from the class of 2000 at HS. I’ve never wanted to go to college because, to be honest, I feel that it’s only purpose is to show any future employer that you can put up with bullsh_t; a lot of it. Most of you people would disagree, especially those of you who are attending college, but ask just about anyone who has a BA or MA on my team and they’ll agree.

I do currently hold an A+ certification and have enrolled myself in an accelerated program that will get me my Network+, Security+, Linux+ and MCSE certifications within the year. After this I will pursue my MCDBA.

What do you consider as your accomplishments up to this point?

Aside from my job I’m very proud of and thankful for, programming accomplishments and client work, I’d have to say my marriage of 6 years.

Any failures you'd like to tell us about?

Sure! My marriage.

What are your favorite books? Movies? TV shows? Music? Games? Foods? Beverages?

Books: Bible (King James Version), my Strong’s Analytical Concordance, my book on Asian orientalisms and anything by Tom Clancy, Tolkien and Terry Brooks. Can’t think of much else although I like almost every book I’ve ever read.

Moves: Last Man Standing, The Fifth Element, Fight Club, The Professional, Sin City, Shaun of the Dead and a few others.

TV Shows: Stargate SG-1 (I own all the DVDs),...
Read more about this article here...

Last edited by a moderator:

rex_b

Fanatic
Now this is an average Joe!

Bwhahaa Kept me laughing the whole interview!

The last 2 questions were setups!

RogueFoxx

Neophyte
Jorrit787 said:
Too bad. I was hoping for a certain degree of professionalism.
Daniel is very professional when he needs to be. There is another man behind MyTopix by the name of Gene Shepherd. Just because he may make a joke or two doesn't make him any less professional sir.

HellRaiseR

Adherent
I must say, I just installed MyTopix just now and it's a great forum so far. Too bad there are only.... 2 skins on the net for it :(

RogueFoxx

Neophyte
HellRaiseR said:
I must say, I just installed MyTopix just now and it's a great forum so far. Too bad there are only.... 2 skins on the net for it :(
There will be many more skins released after the release of the next version I'm sure. MyTopix is undergoing alot of changes including a new skinning engine, so skinning has been discouraged until the next release. If you like this version, I'm sure you'll love the next one!

Enthusiast
nice interview, i love visiting mytopix, great work Daniel Murdoch..

cheat_master30