Interview with Chris Duerr (owner of RaiderSoft, developers of SigmaChat)

Techguy

Who am I?
Techguy submitted a new Article:

Interview with Chris Duerr (owner of RaiderSoft, developers of SigmaChat)

After a break, we are continuing our series of interviews. This time we are interviewing Chris Duerr, the owner and founder of RaiderSoft, the company that develops the popular SigmaChat software. This interview was prepared for HFT Online and The Admin Zone.

Hello, Chris! With the new release of SigmaChat coming next week, I am sure you are quite busy. I want to thank you for taking some time out of your busy schedule to answer my questions.

HFT Online (Max aka 'Techguy'): First, can you tell us a little bit about yourself, and how you got into the software development business.

Chris Duerr, RaderSoft: I am twenty-seven years old. I grew up in southern California, near Los Angeles. Currently, I live near Indianapolis, Indiana with my girlfriend of five years. I wrote my first program in BASIC on an Apple when I was twelve. At seventeen I received a full scholarship from the Air Force to attend Illinois Tech. and study computer science. I ended up graduating from the University of California, Riverside with a B.S. in computer science, with a heavy focus on embedded systems engineering and computer architecture. One year after I graduated, I started SigmaChat as a pet project, which eventually grew into RaiderSoft where I now work full time. With the little spare time I have, I enjoy playing poker, tending to the lawn, and arguing politics with friends.

HFT: RaiderSoft was founded about four years ago, in 2000. How many people are currently employed by RaiderSoft?

C.D.: RaiderSoft has two ‘official’ employees, with many subcontractors. Matt Hahn is heading development of our newest application, RaiderCSS, whereas I spend most of my time with SigmaChat and other R&D work. Subcontractors are used for everything from product promotion to site design work. You can generally expect that you’ll be speaking directly with a developer if you have the need to contact our support team.

HFT: Can you describe your typical working day?

C.D.: They begin late, and end very late. A typical day usually begins at about 11am with basic company maintenance, including billing, upgrades, and technical support. The majority of the day is spent doing research for future projects, or active development of current products. Like many coders, my most productive hours come well after sunset. Right now, most of my time is concentrated on preparing for the next release of our flagship product, SigmaChat....
Read more about this article here...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been using sigmachat for about a month now...I am very pleased to learn more about these people...they have done such a great job.

I'm the envy of all the dog forums. :D

Techguy

Who am I?
They just released 7.4 tonight. very nice update.

It was a good interview, I think