Interview with Brad - vBulletin.org Administrator

The Sandman

Tazmanian Addict
The Sandman submitted a new Article:

Interview with Brad - vBulletin.org Administrator

Brad is well known to just about everyone who modifies their vBulletin software since he was the Administrator of vBulletinTemplates before it merged with vBulletin.org, and since that time has served as a vB.org Administrator. Brad graciously agreed to do an interview with us and spent a lot of time responding to my long list of questions. Let's see what Brad has to say...

=======================================

Can you give us a brief bio?

I'm 19 years old and I'm currently living in North Carolina on the family farm with my dad and younger brother. I opened my first forum in 1999 using UBB (ubb.classic). At some point in 2001 I switched to vBulletin and I have been using it ever since.

What is your educational background?

I dropped out of high school in the 11th grade for a number of reasons, none of them begin a good enough excuse to warrant dropping out so I won't go into them. ;) I did get my GED about 6 months after I dropped out, and took some classes at the local community college. I quickly got bored at college though and decided to call it quits for now.

I plan on going back to school at some point, I'm just not sure for what yet. I'll have to figure that one out while I save up the money I need to get back in school. :)

What do you consider to be your accomplishments?

Living to see 18, and managing to stay sane. ;)

Any failures you'd like to tell us about?

Started smoking in high school, up to a pack and a half a day now. :(

How many forums do you own and/or administrate?

Right now vBulletin.org is the only place where I am an active administrator. I have not ran my own forum in a long time, although I am planning to launch site later this year (the Project Neptune mentioned in my signature at vB.org).

How did you come to be an administrator on vBulletin.org?

When vBulletintemplates.com was still a young site I was one of the active members there. After spending a lot of time on the site I noticed many things that could be improved. I sent a private message to Saintdog (the acting administrator) voicing my concerns. The reply I got back told me there was a surprise in store for me, and not long after that Saintdog appointed Tony and I as moderators.

During the vB 3.0.x beta period our administrator disappeared on us, and vBt was in bad need of an upgrade. I was asked...

Read more about this article here...

Last edited by a moderator:

DChapman

Devotee
Kudos to Brad for taking the time to share his thoughts. Good stuff.

Jesse

Participant
like everyone else said, great interview. Nice of him to take some time to do it

forumrating

Participant
pretty good :) , nice to see admin of the largest community maker on internet give his views and info

Dakoom

Web City
Later I don't know Brad.. Reading this interview I think for a great person.

ajith

Aspirant
hey how are u?

vb.org is a nice forum, i love vbulletin boards, but its to high price to buy a vbulletin forum, for me as a studend, but how u thing about a studend licens for vbulletin? (with low price, or sponsor one?)

Nice interview! :-D

ps: i moderate some vbulletin sites!!!!

Last edited:

danr6

Aspirant
great read they say you cant teach an old dog new tricks but i think i learnt a thing or two from that
Cheers

McCoyHawkins

Aspirant
Brad, please stop smoking. Just from reading your replies and your vast progress and timed experience, it is obvious that you are very intelligent! You will cure the cancer of the internet one day, unless your lungs give out!... :'(

Automatic

Aspirant
yet another great interview. Brad thanks so much for what you've done for the community. and I agree with the post above. stop smoking. I know its hard. I read a book called "the easy way to stop smoking" by allan carr. Best read of my life.