Interview with Adrian Harris - Former Senior Operations Manager for vBulletin

• Admin

The Sandman

Administrator
The Sandman submitted a new Article:

Interview with Adrian Harris - Former Senior Operations Manager for vBulletin

Adrian Harris (AKA BigF350, and formerly IB Adrian) is a former Senior Operations Manager for vBulletin.

Adrian was kind enough to spend some time anwering our questions so let's find out some more about him.

===============================================

Tell us a little bit about yourself.

I am 27 and I was born in the North West corner of Tasmania/Australia on a dairy farm. I am currently residing on a motorcycle seat as I travel across the America’s.

What is your educational background?

I hold both a Mechanical Engineering degree and a Business degree (Management) from Swinburne University of Technology in Australia. I also have a piece of paper that says I am a qualified CNC machinist, but I haven’t done any work in that field for a while.

What kind of jobs did you hold before becoming becoming Senior Operations Manager for vBulletin?

A big variety! While at University I worked for both Ford Motor Company as a service engineer then as a Research and Development engineer on the Ford Ranger that was recently released, and at Skilled Engineering supervising the maintenance teams and projects at various manufacturing facilities around Melbourne in Australia. In my spare time, and for fun, I administrated the website www.ford-trucks.com.

In 2008 I was given the opportunity to be the Community Manager for all of Internet Brands Automotive communities, which meant relocating to Los Angeles. I jumped at the opportunity! I gradually got more and more interested in the vBulletin software while I was at Internet Brands, and it was a natural progression.

What were your responsibilities as Senior Operations Manager?

Customer Relations, overseeing the excellent support team, marketing, business development, PR and communications. I also enjoyed dabbling in working with the product team too on upcoming features and provide feedback that I had seen customers talking about on the vBulletin forums (or elsewhere).

What was the status of vBulletin development when you took over?

I think the best way to describe it was in the process of “stabilization”. In the previous year there were some changes in staff, and the migration of the product from being developed in the UK to the US, and the vBulletin staff were wrapping their hands around such a rapid transition.

What was the status of vBulletin development when you stepped down from that position?

I think it...
Read more about this article here...

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam H

** Retired **
Great read , Seems like a down to earth guy with the right way of thinking. Refreshing compared to some of the recent Interviews. Stay safe Adrian on your trip , something id love to do one day but i cant see it happening any time soon. haha.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
I like Adrian :) I follow his exploits on Facebook hehehe

Good interview, Howard!

Choice83

Adherent
Very interesting material for reading, nice addition to the Interview section of TAZ.

BigF350

Enthusiast
Thanks everyone - and thankyou to Howard for the opportunity to have an interview (and even more thanks for not saying how long it took me to respond with answers!)
...something id love to do one day but i cant see it happening any time soon. haha.
Just do it! Worry about the consequences later :lildevil:

ChangeFive

Aspirant
Enjoyed the interview. Is this the same Adrian who is now over at forumsmods.com?

Superorb

Aspirant
Good read. You've accomplished quite a lot at only 27. I'm 30 and playing catch up :)