Interview: Nexialys

• Admin

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Morganna submitted a new Article:

Interview: Nexialys

Nexialys is wellknown around the vBulletin community. He runs http://vbenhancer.com, where he offers some outstanding products/add ons and instructions on how to enhance your vBulletin installation. But, what a lot of people don't realise is that vBulletin isn't the only area that benefits from his coding skills. We caught up with Nexia over the past week and asked him a few questions, which he kindly took the time out to answer. Thanks Nex for an intriguing insight.

Will you share a little background information on the person behind the username - Nexialys?;)

There is not much to say, i'm a working at home father, named Jean-Pierre Michaud, but if you ask in the industry, nobody knows that guy, they know nexialys, nobody else... ;)

actually it's not a username, but a pen name, as everywhere i go, i use it... it's also my branding, as my business is named to it.. :)

i'm not english speaking, i'm french with a babelfish in the head... so most of the english people say i need to learn english before chatting on a forum... personally i think i work my english pretty well compared to all these teen who write english like a chinese cow.... ;)

i've been active on the internet for so long, and for so much projects, it's easier to search for me on google than ask me to list all the things i've been into... i do not remember everything myself... rofl

in the last years i've been involved in vBulletin, but also IPB, phpBB, Wordpress in the late. That's in the code development, but i'm implicated in a lot of sites projects and web management as well... i'm a web-architect after all, more than a coder or a designer, i build plans based on the client needs and we find the best solutions to fit each clients needs, which make me play with a lot of things and usually customizing everything myself.

now i'm half-retired... working for the RedCross again, after more than 15 years of dedication and with this new crisis in Hati, here in Qubec they needed someone who can manage the projects here locally, as we're sending people and goods/medics etc... we're negociating with the governments to bring more people to regroup their families -- half of the diasporas of Hati are in Quebec, and we are the best population that can interact with them right now, as the americans and british are good in militaries but know nothing of the languages and the society... we are a bridge between the population there and the...
Read more about this article here...

Last edited:

Ryan Ashbrook

IPS Developer
Think your answers were a bit much, Nex? ;)

I kid, it was a great, and interesting, read. :)

nexia

Aspirant
sorry if someone have problems reading this, i had no time to resume my thoughts... rofl

Lynne

Participant
You sound like an interesting guy, Nex (I don't care if that's not your real name, you'll always be Nex or Nexia to me). You certainly have your fingers into a lot more than I realized... I don't know how you do everything with just 24 hours in the day!

nexia

Aspirant
Lynne said:
I don't know how you do everything with just 24 hours in the day!
what ?!... you mean there is JUST 24 hours in a day?... i thought it was just a suggestion... :angelic:

Ryan Ashbrook

IPS Developer
nexia said:
what ?!... you mean there is JUST 24 hours in a day?... i thought it was just a suggestion... :stomp:
...?

Strange... I thought there were at least 36... :eek:

Wizzard

ADX Dungeon Master
Ryan Ashbrook said:
...?

Strange... I thought there were at least 36... :rolleyes:
Sleep a couple of hours less a night and add them on to a day of your choice, sorted. :)

Paul M

Limeade Addict
LOL, Thought i'd get a mention somewhere ;)

Boy does he talk :(

Mikey

mikeylicio.us
I never knew about the red cross stuff, added a whole different perspective to my view on you, jean-pierre ;) (nexy ;) )

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

Paul M said:
LOL, Thought i'd get a mention somewhere ;)

Boy does he talk :)
You ALWAYS get a mention, Paul :p

Peggy

I need KAWFEE!
Ryan Ashbrook said:
...?

Strange... I thought there were at least 36... :D
If there isn't, there ought to be.

Entertaining, as always, Nexi!

Great to know more about you - shame your site has disappeared as I really loved the things on there.

nexia

Aspirant
the site was closed due to my own personal activities with the Red Cross... it is now back and ready to roll... i have a list of things to release in the next weeks also...

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Great news (and great to see you too!)