Interview: Logician [vBulletin.org]

• Admin

The Sandman

Administrator
The Sandman submitted a new Article:

Interview: Logician [vBulletin.org]

The Admin Zone is very proud to have Sinan (AKA Logician) as our Technical Administrator, and we were very excited when he agreed to take the time to answer our interview questions. Among other things, Logician is an Administrator at vBulletin.org and the highly respected creator of many excellent code modifications. And did I mention his law practice and the hundreds (!) of websites he installs/maintains/modifies as a consultant? Let's find out some more about him!

> Please share with us some details about your personal life, family and home.

I'm 33 years old, male, married, no kids, no pets, with a lot of computers which replace kids & pets.

> What is your educational background?

I graduated from law school in 1993, and received a Master in Law degree (LL.M) in 2002. I earned a Computer Programmer's license in 1991 and became MCSE (Microsoft Certified System Engineer) and MCDBA (Microsoft Certified Database Administrator) in 2001.

> Tell us about your involvement in the legal profession.

I have (had?) been working as an "Attorney at Law" since 1994.

> What about computers and technology?

My involvement with Information Technologies predates my background in law. Everything started with a Commodore 64 when I was 14 and at 15 I was coding in C64 Basic and Assembly, trying to translate games, trying to code my own games (without success), and develop my own "computer coding language" (again without success but was a good try! lol). Next I have upgraded to an Amiga 500, then an Amiga 1200 and I've used all kind of PCs since 8088 times. When I was in law school I was also developing professional programs in Pascal and C and I became a computer programmer before I became a lawyer. When I graduated from law school, my computer craving (and career) stayed dormant for a couple of years and I was fully involved in the legal business.

But in 1998 I decided that what I really wanted and should do was coding, not spending my life in courthouses. A career change (and such a radical one at that) was not easy but I was determined. And it didn't occur in one day. I kept working as an attorney and in my free time I began to develop small IT projects to refresh my old IT background. I worked hard to learn new technologies and became MCSE (Microsoft Certified System Engineer) and MCDBA (Microsoft Certified Database Administrator). I established a web design company and got into the web developing business....
Read more about this article here...

Last edited by a moderator:

Xenon

Neophyte
Very nice to read pal!

(and of course seeing similarities somewhere ^^)

2thumbsup

GFXHaven Owner
Great interview I must say. I know that I am personally starting to learn VB hacking, although I'm not good yet lol, and I never thought to install a test forum. So I'm doing that now :).

Lugh

Habitué
Yes indeed, great interview.

Congrats to Logician on having the courage to follow your gut and change out of a safe and lucrative career. I'm sure you'll feel all the better for it :)

And many thanks to you and your colleagues for all the hacks. I'm slowly working my way thru vB.org and subscribing to hack threads in preparation for the day when I'm ready to start experimenting. Some great stuff there.

Sybermom-Kat

Aspirant
Another huge thanks to Logican for all that he's done for our site, and his quick responses to every request we've had.

I was excited to see him interviewed here and couldn't wait to read it!