Interview: Anthony Scudese [Creator of vB Journal]

Danny.VBT

Adherent
Danny.VBT submitted a new Article:

Interview: Anthony Scudese [Creator of vB Journal]

Anthony Scudese, also known as AN-NET at vBulletin.org, is the coder behind the award-winning vB Journal. Anthony also runs Animationation.net and is quickly gaining fame towards his hacking abilities.

Q.) Anthony, can you please tell us about yourself and your personal life?

A.) Well I am 16 and I live in New Jersey. I am not telling you where exactly because that is a mystery…ok I live in a cave. Anyways I am in high school and I am currently a sophomore. My interests are computer graphics (3D), coding, hanging out, playing video games, and having fun. When I am not sleeping, watching TV, or out...I a can be found on my computer. Wow I am predictable.

Q.) What first sparked you interest in online communities?

A.) Well what first sparked my interests in online communities was visiting Diabloworld.com. At the time, they had such an amazing community, and it made me want to establish my own.

Q.) Can you tell us about the history of your site, Animationation.net?

A.) Well AnimatioNation.net was first established on a PhpBB/PhpBBFM board, which was the only the available software at the time that I knew was free and somewhat dependable. The community was very small but my co-owner (who has since left the site), brought many of her friends to our little community. We were also hosted on a free host called Stag Hosting, very nice for free and the site was O.K.

After about 5-6 months after the community was first established, my Co-owner and I decided to move to a full fledge domain and a paid web host. When upon making that decision we decided we needed a more powerful bulletin board software, so we decided on vBulletin. We purchased vBulletin 2.3.4. I was so excited to be working with it. The template system was completely different from PhpBB's and much more advanced. We made our first custom style or as I like to call it, the "eye killer style" .With some help from affiliates of the site we made our second style which is now our main style. The style brought a new look to the site and drew in more members. As the community grew we experienced some problems as all sites do. We eventually moved past that and now we are growing each and everyday. With a dedicated staff and friendly users we hope to keep progressing forward with some new and exciting changes this year.

Q.) What motivated you to start making vBulletin...
Read more about this article here...

Last edited by a moderator: