Instagram implements 'Tachy goes to coventry' (Shadowbanning)

cornnfedd

Captain Futurama
Instagram is an amazing app, I love it so much because it does SO MUCH and its so important for my day to day life, I cant do without Instagram every second of the day, even when I am having a shower or taking a dump I am "instagramming" and whats not to love when you can:

take photos of your meals and/or view other peoples amazing meals
take photos of you crappy life so that it looks amazing and/or view other peoples amazing lives that are really actually crappy
you can get free meals at any restaurant if you tell them you are a insta-influencer or social influencer with at least 10+ followers
free travel and accomodation around the world by just telling everyone you are social insta-influencer influencer extraordinaire
i have made literally millions by filming my daily workout regime to insta with that perfect shot that looks nothing like they reality of the situation
great for vegans so they can show how amazing tofu can be made to look just like real meat!
I can become instant friends with my favourite celebrity and live with them inside their lives, its like I can stalk them from the other side of the world

there is so much more, but I dont feel I have the time to go through them all as I need to get back onto instagram.

phatcows

Adherent
Back to instagram in Australia they have removed the ability for people to see how many likes an account or post may have... again WTF is going on lol crazy. But who owns instagram? that tells the whole story really.

Canada already has this feature, but we didn't hear much from them :)

TrixieTang

Custom Usertitle
Come again?

D-dEbp0UwAANFNj.jpg

Typical Instagram "influencer".

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
I was talking about this the other day with my oldest daughter. Apparently, it was done to prove a point about how easy it is to make money selling weird stuff to fans. Guess she proved that point well as she made a fortune from it lol

phatcows

Adherent
Ironically, her insta page is no longer available but her fb is. Instead she discovered Patreon.
She looks like a nut job (no pun intended) but bravo on her marketing ability (and audience?).

cornnfedd

Captain Futurama
You look at these people and think the are highly unstable and nut jobs, or possibly marketing geniuses and are faking it. Either way they probably become rich from it so props to them I guess....

feldon30

Fan
That's why some of us use Instagram. We don't want to see the politics and bull****. Just pictures of food and authentic experiences from our friends' lives. Facebook is mostly religion/politics/corporate/tribal hate, often at the behest of foreign governments trying to disrupt our democracy.

I actually deleted the above, but since someone liked and quoted it, I'm restoring it.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
That's why some of us use Instagram. We don't want to see the politics and bull****. Just pictures of food and authentic experiences from our friends' lives. Facebook is mostly religion/politics/corporate/tribal hate, often at the behest of foreign governments trying to disrupt our democracy.
I agree. I don't post much on IG, but I do enjoy scrolling through the pics people share and the lack of political agendas is refreshing. Granted, most of the people I follow are bookstagrammers, authors, or other people involved in publishing.

feldon30

Fan
Just to add further, Instagram is a photo sharing service. That's all it was designed to do. If you are expecting anything other than square 1080x1080 photos, you have missed the point.

Flickr was 10 times more powerful, but Yahoo smothered that industry leader with a pillow, paving the way for something like Instagram.

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
I've long since given up understanding teenagers My opinion of people who use such services to post photos of their food, which is still a thing apparently, is that they're all a four letter word that begins in T and ends in T. Today's young people are fanatical with their online heroes or even some silly boy band like Half Direction.

Props to anyone who makes money off of that stupidity. The sky is the limit apparently.

feldon30

Fan
I've long since given up understanding teenagers My opinion of people who use such services to post photos of their food, which is still a thing apparently, is that they're all a four letter word that begins in T and ends in T. Today's young people are fanatical with their online heroes or even some silly boy band like Half Direction.

Props to anyone who makes money off of that stupidity. The sky is the limit apparently.
Wow you just really hate the idea of anyone sharing their life experiences, don't you. Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, all just a disgusting vanity exercise.

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
Wow you just really hate the idea of anyone sharing their life experiences, don't you. Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, all just a disgusting vanity exercise.
Not quite. I don't mind people who are known for their DIY lessons, for example, on YouTube. I think that's great because I've referred to those videos when I couldn't figure something out on my own. I don't mind product review channels or their associated Facebook and or Instagram (I use neither one of these). I take issue with vapidness that adds nothing, benefits no one outside of pure, unadulterated silliness. Someone's fishing, car repair, car or product review, hunting, gardening, etc. channels are fine. And I subscribe to those types of channels. Unfortunately, the masses seem to love unimportant things that have no substance.

Take for example, Lisa, and who she follows. I don't see anything wrong with those people. That's a great way to market your services and showcase your abilities. But if all you follow is a representation of E!, a vapid American television network showcasing reality stars and celebrities all day long, there is no point. It's trash. Who cares what Kim and Khloe are doing? I'd be more interested in the latest illustration work by Charlotte Pkz and where I can see her work; a book cover, a Napa Valley wine, in a children's book, etc.

Last edited:

MagicalAzareal

Magical Developer

On the contrary, I find it very easy to understand, it's just that I simply don't have the time or patience to deal with it.