Image Left/Right toolbar buttons

craigForo

Enthusiast
So I see a few different areas that I could place this question, so i'll just set it right here. If there is a better place, feel free to move it along.

axenforo.com_community_data_avatars_l_141_141679.jpg_efd83ccee8283ff9e4bcae680161ee09.jpg I'm looking for a bit of help with bbcode, specifically float-left and float-right. I'm not familiar with it, but understand it is basically the same as html. What I want to accomplish is to place those two commands in the tool bar, just as you have done on this site, but i have no idea how to do that. Herein lies the quest for help.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
You would likely use some kind of HTML replacement for your BBCode like:

Code:
<div style="float: right;">{content}</div>

craigForo

Enthusiast
That's just it, I am not familiar with the coding to get the toolbar configured to the same as this sites where it has the << and >> for the left and right float.

I'd be willing to pay for the help.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
That's just it, I am not familiar with the coding to get the toolbar configured to the same as this sites where it has the << and >> for the left and right float.

I'd be willing to pay for the help.

What forum software are you using?

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato

Do you know how to upload files to your server? I ask, because you will want to store the images shown on the editor toolbar buttons on your server.

I would be willing to help you get this set up free of charge. If you are interested, send me a PM with the login credentials for a temporary admin account to your site.

craigForo

Enthusiast
I do know how to yes. I will send you a pm.

Thanks!

Kevin

Oooh, something shiny!
Do you know how to upload files to your server? I ask, because you will want to store the images shown on the editor toolbar buttons on your server.
With XF2 there is no need to use images; in the BB Code options in the ACP just use the Font Awesome option and then "angle-double-left" & "angle-double-right" accordingly.

craigForo

Enthusiast
just use the Font Awesome option and then "angle-double-left" & "angle-double-right" accordingly.

So in the font awesome field i added << for left and >> for right. They do not display, but when hover it pops up with the label.

What would I need to do to have them display statically with the others?

Kevin

Oooh, something shiny!
So in the font awesome field i added << for left and >> for right. They do not display, but when hover it pops up with the label.

What would I need to do to have them display statically with the others?
Enter literally angle-double-left for the "left" align BB code and angle-double-right for the "right" align BB code.

upload_2018-5-1_17-9-54.png