Im with Proboards and I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyasShadow

Neophyte
I dont know how to change the layout and stuff, I really need help with mywebsight...please help me

Fanatyk

wordpress.org.pl
How can we help You when we do not even know what R U runing? phpBB, vB, IPB, punbb, smf... ??

for all of boards there R some pages with skins ;)

gunkpots

Got Spunk?
I think his board is hosted at www.proboards.com which seems to use it's own cgi-based setup. If this is the case such customisation is unlikely to be an option. Try support.proboards.com to see if they can help. Failing that you'll need to move to a proper forum with paid hosting (can be as little as £10 a year + £5 for a domain). Once you have that you can get something like phpbb (free) and do whatever you like with it. You'll learn a lot more too.

Phantom

Neophyte
gunkpots said:
I think his board is hosted at www.proboards.com which seems to use it's own cgi-based setup. If this is the case such customisation is unlikely to be an option. Try support.proboards.com to see if they can help. Failing that you'll need to move to a proper forum with paid hosting (can be as little as £10 a year + £5 for a domain). Once you have that you can get something like phpbb (free) and do whatever you like with it. You'll learn a lot more too.

ahem wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong 100% totally wrong proboards and PHPBB are almost identical except for that PHPBB is a hell of a lot more confusing if you use proboards (wich is curently putting out a new version) you also get many new features such as the karma feature which alows you to rate other members and you start out with member ranks put in which can be easily edited aside from that you can edit any of the images put in unlike PHPBB where you stuck with things like the acid look or what ever (even though I do like the little spinny things) any way if you have an acount on Photobucket.com and have a ton of cool pictures to use I do say that proboards is probably the way to go but to change the colors and stuff just go into the administration area and put in whatever you want proboards makes making a board easy and simple :cheeky:

wizard1974uk

Tazmanian Gremlin
Phantom said:
ahem wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong 100% totally wrong proboards and PHPBB are almost identical except for that PHPBB is a hell of a lot more confusing if you use proboards (wich is curently putting out a new version) you also get many new features such as the karma feature which alows you to rate other members and you start out with member ranks put in which can be easily edited aside from that you can edit any of the images put in unlike PHPBB where you stuck with things like the acid look or what ever (even though I do like the little spinny things) any way if you have an acount on Photobucket.com and have a ton of cool pictures to use I do say that proboards is probably the way to go but to change the colors and stuff just go into the administration area and put in whatever you want proboards makes making a board easy and simple :cheeky:
Can you be a little more mature in your response, the OP has asked for help on how to change the layout of his forum, not a comparison between proboards and phpBB, so please keep on topic.

RWD

Enthusiast
I started on proboards, the best move I made was to invision, but now I use VB, you learn alot more using a script you can edit add hacks to etc, than using free sites such as proboards, although their is nothing wrong with them, its worth branching out.

Husaman

Neophyte
If you need help you can PM me!I dont know what help you want on layouts...Anything specific like skins, banners or just which colors to use and all that??

Sarah

Habitué
I would hope the OP isn't still waiting patiently after almost 2 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.