I'm thinking about buying IPS instead of Xenforo any thoughts?

Soulwatcher

Devotee
As the title says I'm thinking about buying IPS instead of Xenforo. I have until Thursday to decide, what would you guys buy?

P.S. I'll be buying the license not renting.

Pigoo

Adherent
Here are some active threads on the topic:

LeadCrow

Apocalypse Admin
If youre serious about the community and would like getting as much functionalty as possible in a very well supported package, go for it.

Xenforo used to be a decent starting point, but nowadays it needs a lot of 3rdparty addons of varying quality, cost and renewal fees just to match IPB's out of box offering somewhat. v2.2 looks good but at this point we feel they're playing catchup.

Pigoo

Adherent
@OP. Gonna get strong opinions both ways. End of the day...you're gonna have to decide for yourself...this thread more than likely will not give you a definitive answer.

zappaDPJ

I tend to go with whatever I think will provide the best fit for community I'm trying to build. I also like to try and keep a degree of familiarity with as many different platforms as possible.

Right now if I was starting a new forum I would be looking very closely at Invision Community (IPS) because I believe it currently offers the best set of functions tailored towards the modern user. I would however probably wait until sometime after 4.5 is released before going live with it.

That said there's more than one or two solutions to consider (and one to avoid) so at least you have a choice.

Soulwatcher

Devotee
Thanks for all the advice guys I went ahead and bought IPS early, I am not home and I bought it on my phone. So I am going to have to wait to get home and set it all up. :D

P.S. I only bought the forum for now until I see how good or bad my new forum is going to do.:D

haqzore

Devotee
Thanks for all the advice guys I went ahead and bought IPS early, I am not home and I bought it on my phone. So I am going to have to wait to get home and set it all up. :D

P.S. I only bought the forum for now until I see how good or bad my new forum is going to do.:D
Good choice, if for no other reason than I know you're historically a XF guy.

Always good to expand your horizon & experience.

Even if you end up not liking it, at least you know.

tony45

Enthusiast
This article posted in invision blog may help you (it even features a asperger site)