I'm Looking forward to Digitalpoint getting back

GTB

Tazmanian
He may be busy upgrading his own forum for a while catching up with what's new missed in XenForo

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Chenyneh Kween ⚧
Ask Me Anything
Visit
... he isn't that bothered by it all. Really, what does he lose? The right the vote? Who is worth voting for anymore these days? :p
Oh good God. I could talk about this for hours.
The political climate now-a-days is a toxic wasteland.

It's way too easy to bankroll your own politicians these days.
Know of any politicians who accept foodstamps?! Bad joke LMAO.
But you make a serious serious point and one of the things that disgusted me about this recent election. The sheer amount of money being spent. Hundreds of millions on ONE campaign. Multiply that with the amount of candidates running and you could come up with a slew of dollars to help resolve many issues these political bobbleheads are arguing about. I correct my earlier statement. The political climate now-a-days is a toxic cesspool of American-made dollars.

He may be busy upgrading his own forum for a while catching up with what's new missed in XenForo
You'd think he'd have been dreaming up some new code, new add-ons, etc...
I'm curious to know if he has anyway.

J.

Danielx64

Developer
If one goes to jail, wouldn't it be harder to get a job when you get out?

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
I wonder if he is actually doing that, though? He is in a camp right? Does he have access to a computer and is able to blog at that? Or is he having someone else do it for him, like a visitor?

Joeychgo

TAZ Administrator
He gets out next week... His release date is the 12th.

If one goes to jail, wouldn't it be harder to get a job when you get out?
He has a job, he owns digitalpoint solutions. That hasn't changed.

I wonder if he is actually doing that, though? He is in a camp right? Does he have access to a computer and is able to blog at that? Or is he having someone else do it for him, like a visitor?
He's been blogging. (http://13411-111.com/) He has internet access to some extent. I'm not sure how much. I have a way to email him if I needed to but never used it.

If I know Shawn, he has spent his time wisely planning his future. He's had lots of time to think and Im sure he's come up with some new ways to generate income.

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
He's had lots of time to think and Im sure he's come up with some new ways to generate income.
Wasn't Twitter originally made from a doodle on a peice of paper? I'm sure that he had access to that there :D He probably has the next big thing haha

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
Hmmmm ...... did he not net around $27 Million for his stint on the inside?
I'm not really sure. I hate digging too deep into that stuff. I hope he is well off though once he gets out, from what little I've read, it seems like eBay really auctioned his ass off to the slammer over their own bad organization tactics.

DirtRider

bah humbug
Well reading that blog and the links he placed in it the other guy got $7 million and he did $27 million so yes he would not have to worry about a job every again if he handles it right.

GTB

Tazmanian
His first port of call might be down pub for a pint, lol

Phillip

The Priest
Ask Me Anything
Visit
It's rather exciting to everyone excited for his return to the net without being on the inside like this.

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
I don't know how into writing Shawn may be but this little experience could make for a great book

Rub it in the face of eBay, profit from it all, now that would be hilarious

Digitalpoint

Brain
So it actually was pretty fun... if I only had to go for 2 months, I would have gone voluntarily. Lost 35 pounds total while I was there. But yeah... time to get back to work now. And yeah... I have tons of new ideas for stuff... but first I need to square away some things with DP... upgrades (PHP, Nginx, etc..) done today, gonna start working on XenForo next (a little more work since we have so much custom stuff that needs to be reviewed for a major XF update). And once I get DP settled down, the first of the new ideas is https://inmateintake.com (it will only take a day or two once I start working on it). Not going to tell what it is exactly, but you'll see. :)

Mugzy

Vbulletin Expert
So it actually was pretty fun... if I only had to go for 2 months, I would have gone voluntarily. Lost 35 pounds total while I was there. But yeah... time to get back to work now. And yeah... I have tons of new ideas for stuff... but first I need to square away some things with DP... upgrades (PHP, Nginx, etc..) done today, gonna start working on XenForo next (a little more work since we have so much custom stuff that needs to be reviewed for a major XF update). And once I get DP settled down, the first of the new ideas is https://inmateintake.com (it will only take a day or two once I start working on it). Not going to tell what it is exactly, but you'll see. :)
Excellent, welcome back.

IcEWoLF

Habitué
Man, you are a genius.