I need to build a database...

darnoldy

Curmudgeon
Okay, so this has nothing to do with forums—but you folks know stuff!

I need to build a database, and a front-end form. A non-profit that I work with has information about the people they work with scattered across a bunch of Google sheets created by different people with different permissions--its a nightmare to maintain.

A dozen years ago, I would have created this in Excel and written scripts to display and edit the data.

Now, I think an HTML page with a form linked to a database on our server is a better solution.

I can create the form (I know HTML, CSS and a bit of Javascript)-- but have no idea how to make the rest of it happen.

Is there something off-the-shelf that I should be looking at? Is there a PHP(?) library that is should use? Where do I start?

Thanks!

--don

fixer

I'm In My Prime
look at wordpress , most likly has a plugin that will do what you want

Matthew S

Adherent
Load up wordpress or drupal and add civicrm as a module. Seriously good open source contact tracking application.

darnoldy

Curmudgeon
Thanks, guys!

I have wordpress, never thought to use it for this application.... Matthew S civiccrm looks really interesting.

--don

fixer

I'm In My Prime
make sure you use wordfence ive recently had a life altering event due to wordpress vulnerabilities

darnoldy

Curmudgeon
this particular site will be in a restricted-access directory anyway-- Its our internal staff site.

darnoldy

Curmudgeon
Load up wordpress or drupal and add civicrm as a module. Seriously good open source contact tracking application.
Matthew S : If you have some expertise with civiCRM, I'd like to have a larger conversation with you about it.