I need a forum recommendation

tekboi

XF Student
I run a community of creatives and game devs, and I would like a forum system that supports Drupal integration and Discord integration very well. I was with Xenforo for several years, but after looking at what's going on with their updating pace (or lack there of), I am becoming more and more convinced that I might need to switch. Looking at their add-ons, it seems like most of the devs have quit maintaining their products. Activity seems to be a lot lower there than it used to be as well.

My forum will simply be a place to host content created by the members of the community so that it can be easily indexed and sortable. As well as a repository for creator resources.

Any suggestions?

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
Well, XF is very much still getting patches - with a new release on the way (they were waylaid by rolling out a SaaS product).

Thing is, if you already have it, that implies you already have the integrations you want. I honestly don’t think you need to switch unless XF isn’t doing it for you - change isn’t inherently a good thing, it’s just a thing, and unless you’re missing features, is a move actually required?

Remember, there are still plenty of communities happily on legacy vB that don’t feel the need to move.

mysiteguy

Migration Expert
Drupal can act as an OATH server for Invision:

There's a Discord integration addon available for Invision as well.

I can't vouch for either of these.

I agree with Pete overall. Unless there's a reason your forum is not working with those platforms now or there's a feature you can't live without, there's not a compelling reason to jump ship.