I have to admit

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
I can give you the code for what he did for mine if it helps.
Sherrie, if you don't mind - in a convo will be fine if you would rather. The issue I'm having is that it's not taking using what I "think" should work. It is probably due to the fact I'm trying to link to another application (RoundCube) but would like to see if I'm doing the <href> call correctly (I know it works on XF by that format I'm using).

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
Thanks to TimWolla and his giving me an almost perfectly working example of a simple add-on, I was able to get my webmail link into the user panel (and using a group permission).
Folks... if you are thinking about grabbing a copy of WBB to evaluate, I really think you will probably like it. Even though the "main" forum is in German, I've gotten GREAT support on the questions I've had so far.
Kudo's to Andrea and Tim. I am really happy I moved the site from IPS to WBB. It's refreshing to be dealing with a support group that is helpful and not as what the IPS exposure gave me.

TimWolla

Developer
Hi
example of a simple add-on
And if you (or someone else) wants to take a look at the more advanced features: The core functionality is open source on GitHub and there's also wbbaddons where I (and a careful selection of a few other developers) publish plugins I wrote in my private time for Burning Boards I am a team member of.

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
And now the site has some "funkiness" thanks to a new style I just purchased. Got more tweaking to do on it - but I kind of like it.

tomk

Adherent
And now the site has some "funkiness" thanks to a new style I just purchased. Got more tweaking to do on it - but I kind of like it.
Never thought I'd see you run a commercial style! Looks interesting...

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
Never thought I'd see you run a commercial style! Looks interesting...
Oh, I've got commercial ones in use on both my XF sites (UI.X), so I'm not against them. With IPS, I just never saw any that I really liked.

andrew3d

Aspirant
You can always ask here for support, Sherrie and myself are active here and have active boars running BB :)

I would like to ask you for support here as well if that is OK.
Can you tell me how to create a media button for the user when he is posting?
For example, if the user had the address for a youtube video?
I can type [media] followed by the address and closing with [/media] but is there a way to add the button as it is for inserting a link or an image to make it easy for the user? I was looking for a way to add it via bbcode, but not successful yet.

dtdesign

Developer
andrew3d Just go ahead and edit the BBCode, there is a dedicated checkbox that enables an editor button with the option to either use an image or a font-awesome icon of your choice.

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
Arghhh.. simple request on what CSS designator that is used in the notification drop down hover color ... and I'm told to use Chrome to find it... duh, I'm not exactly a neophyte on that type of stuff. I'm told that the "style author changed it"... well, yeah.. I kind of know that - what I was needing was the designator that addressed the specific change to the transparency so I can change it to something else. :confused:
I mean, it's not like the shipping style doesn't do the same thing - except instead of transparency it uses a blue for the hover color.

Screen Shot 2016-01-10 at 3.35.23 PM.png

I'm hoping that I can modify it with the
Code:
.interactiveDropdown > .interactiveDropdownItemsContainer > .interactiveDropdownItems > li:not(.loading):not(.noItems).interactiveDropdownItemOutstanding
designator... off I go to try.

EDIT:

Nope, but thanks to Alexander Ebert I found a feature of Chrome that I didn't know about in the developer tools to help force the element states to find that type of code.
Screen Shot 2016-01-10 at 5.08.35 PM.png

Last edited:

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
Last edited:

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
Well, added the Blogs to the site. It's not as "fully featured" as I would like, but it will do fine for the guides that I post instead of having them in the forums. I DO wish there was the ability to have a link to a "discussion forum" - which could optionally be created per blog based upon perm settings) like with XenForo and the resource manager (hint hint dtdesign).

dtdesign

Developer
At least there is a newly submitted plugin which adds exactly this functionality, its review is currently pending. Talk about timing, right? :D

Last edited:

andrew3d

Aspirant
andrew3d Just go ahead and edit the BBCode, there is a dedicated checkbox that enables an editor button with the option to either use an image or a font-awesome icon of your choice.

I never did get it to work right. By editing I may have made errors. I may should turn in a support ticket.
I can only work on it when I have some time as I have other work to do. All I want to see is a way for users to post image files like gif photos, and media like YouTube. If you looked at my site and reply to another post or create a new post, there is no option for a user to post pictures or media. www.rabbit.dog