How to survive in a VERY competitive Tech Niche

bomb

Aspirant
Has anyone ever dared to be different and do what everyone is warning them?
Am in a competitive Tech niche (Amazon Affiliate site).
What are your tips and tricks to surviving in a VERY competitive Niche?

Joeychgo

TAZ Administrator
With that kind of site ---- Good luck?

A few thoughts...

• Maybe start a youtube channel on the topic, which will give you fresh content on the site ;
  • Write thoughtful articles on the site people will link to;
  • Use social media to promote those articles.

So for example, the RTX 30 series cards have been released. Maybe you should have a series of articles on those. Look to your competitors for ideas and look for maybe what they missed. Try to figure out what questions users often ask about tech and try to answer those questions in articles / videos

Bengie

Aspirant
Definitely.
The hardest part is knowing what people search for so you can include those as keywords
and be found.

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
When it comes to highly competitive niches, you need to focus on two things:

1. Research your competition, see what key features draws their audience and try to duplicate it without looking like a copycat.
2. Find out what feature/thing/etc is being demanded in the niche and create it

If you can provide the features/topics/etc that people really really want - they'll really really want to use your forum.

truthingtotruth

Aspirant
Has anyone ever dared to be different and do what everyone is warning them?
Am in a competitive Tech niche (Amazon Affiliate site).
What are your tips and tricks to surviving in a VERY competitive Niche?

Something clever and/or cute, like that chicken fella; or them hamburger folks.

I mean, back whenever who would have thought a food empire could be built around that lowly and so common food bird, the chicken. Clever got that done.

Then that lowly hamburger was turned into another food eating empire.

I don't think it matters what the product is - - - it is to come up with something that is clever - - - so clever that it stands out and without you asking some clever newspaper staff, or magazine staff, or some online media folks - - - they spot what you came up with and they write about it.

I mean think about that idea - - - Kentucky Fried Chicken - - - I mean REALLY! What the heck is so special about a chicken from that state? There must have been something very clever done to make that work. Or cute. I suspect that is the same with a whole mess of products that we now sort of take for granted as being so cool.

That's it, isn't it? Clever or Cute or Cool - - - or all three.

Of course, there are also those basic things like be trustworthy. Don't hand out any crap advice, or you'll get burned. Spot crap advice, too. But if it is crap advice from a giant, be so very careful. You are doing online business - - - don't be cheap with your server. Pass on the steak dinners for a couple years so you can pay for quality servers. Means you can't go out and buy those expensive hamburgers, either. Gotta make your own at home. If you want luxury right away you're burned. That bird ain't gonna rotate.