How to submit your site to TAZ's Showcase

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
TAZ's Showcase is an excellent way of sharing your community and receiving reviews, suggestions, and even feedback from our members.

Sites submitted to the Showcase must be have more than 500 posts in order to be approved.

To get the most from Showcase, it's best to put some thought into what you want the focus to be on. This tutorial will take you through adding a new Showcase item.

To start, you need to navigate to the Showcase tab via the navbar.
showcase navtab.png

Once you are in the Showcase section, you will see a grid of thumbnails displaying other sites that have been added. To the right, you will find a Create Item button.

create item.png

Clicking Create Item will open an overlay:-
choose category.png
Choose Community Showcase from the Category menu and click Continue.

The main entry page will now load, ready for you to add your site to TAZ's Showcase.

The top section of the first tab is for the basic information of your site.
main detail.png
Item Name:- Your site name
Item Description:- You do not need to input anything here if you don't wish to, it will pull the information from your Item Name.
Tags:- nor do you need to add any relevant tags if you do not want to.

Beneath this, you will find the three main tabs - this is the meat and potatoes part of your Showcase and the area where you need to put a lot of thought into how you want to present your site.

threetabs.png
The Community tab is already open beneath the tab navigation.

communitynav1.png
As you can see, the first five fields are all required - these give readers a quick breakdown about your site and are the first thing visible when someone opens your Showcase to take a look. Beneath these fields is a text input box where you can share any further information about your site that you think people might like to know. Beneath the text box you will find the ability to upload images. You must upload at least one image to your Showcase.

The second tab covers the technical specifications of your site:-
techspecs.png
These fields are also required. Do not use commas or spaces when inputting any figures.

The third and final tab is a text input box where you can share information about any customisations you have made to your site.

customisation.png
You can list any addons you use, who designed your style, anything that is unique to your site.

Once you have filled all three tabs in to your satisfaction, then it's time to submit your showcase.

At the bottom of every tab you will find the Create Showcase, Upload Images, Preview buttons (as well as a checkbox should you wish to save as a draft for completion later). If you have uploaded all the images you want, and you're ready to submit, then click Create Item.

showcase.png

Your showcase will be submitted to our moderator queue, where a member of staff will double-check to make sure everything has been inputted correctly and then approve your site. A thread will also be automatically posted to the Showcase forum, where people can comment on your site, or you can post updates as necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Summit14

Aspirant
Hey, I don't actually see any of these buttons. Are there any requirements to post there?

richardgaspa

Aspirant
I added my site but saved it as a draft so that I could take a quick peek before submitting it. Now I can't find it to permanently submit it.

• Admin

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Navigate to the Showcase tab, click Your Items in the navbar and you'll see your saved draft on the sidebar.

GrandPrix08

Aspirant
So, I need 10+ posts to gain access. Is there any option to see how many I have? Or do I need to keep track of my posts?. I WILL be posting regularly since I simply make a LOT of boards but...

Edit: Never mind, I found it by clicking on my name. Sorry about double posting, I don't see edit button, so...

Edit: Just submitted mine. Hopefully it gets approved.

-Merged by Staff-

Last edited by a moderator:

Rakuen

『Bonusu!』
Umm, How does one go about to add a site? What requirements must I meet beyond the 10 post minimum?

BioWarfare

The uphill battle
I have 12 posts but I still cannot add my forum? There is not a "Create Item" button.

BioWarfare

The uphill battle
You'll probably need to wait a few for the cron to run and update permissions.
How long does it take for forums to show in the Showcase? I submitted mine last night and haven't heard anything about it yet.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
I'm not seeing any submitted site by you.

Steve

Fanatic
I submitted it again. Now I have two identical drafts.
When creating the showcase item don't check the box at the bottom "Save Draft". You should see saved drafts in the sidebar when viewing your items, click on one and submit it.

BioWarfare

The uphill battle
When creating the showcase item don't check the box at the bottom "Save Draft". You should see saved drafts in the sidebar when viewing your items, click on one and submit it.
Okay. I had to edit my draft and edit the Status from "Draft" to "Moderated - Submit for Approval".

Thank you.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
It can take up to an hour before it becomes available.