how to create professional forum from ZB ?

Jack_Rouse

Use The Force
If you want a professional forum as well as a professional looking forum, the first thing you will need to do is either use Zetaboards premium, or use a software and hosting that has greater respect around the communities

Y2J

Enthusiast
no i don't want to buy ZB premium.

flametiger

Aspirant
Yeah, you want to create a professional forum without any cost? That would pretty hard to do and this is using a free hosted forum with its limitations. You should find a cheap host to try out several free forum software(SMF, MyBB, PHPBB) and then decide which is the most suitable for you.

radu81

Fan
Professional forum and zb are two things that can't stay together :)
Try on localhost smf, phpBB and mybb, choose one of them and get a paid host

cheat_master30

Either spend a fortune buying ad removal and a domain and various things and set up a really professional loking style.

Or get a proper host and install a real forum script there.

Gordon_Ramsay

Enthusiast
Those two forums you listed have custom styles for the most part as the main forum themes, and they're also running on ZB Premium. Seeing as you're not wanting ZB Premium, you gotta make sure you have a good domain name, and also a custom style that supports your name.

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
Looking quickly at Zetaboards, their last "News" was in 2011. That doesn't give me much confidence that they are improving their system. I may be wrong, but one would think, if they are supporting their platform with any kind of work, they'd make some news about it. Right? So you might want to think about the ZB choice altogether.

Also, starting a professional forum and not expecting to have to pay for it at all (if that is what your plan is), just won't work. To create a professional forum you need a professional perspective and that also means investing something first and more than just asking a simple question in an admin forum.

Start learning more about forum software and building communities. Research what kind of web space/ server system you might need. Think about the community you want to build. How big it could possibly get. Also remember big isn't always better. Learn about possibilities for monetization and how to recoup the expenses you've invested, if you want to go beyond just a hobby forum (and even then). There is a lot more you can and need to do, to start a professional forum/ online community.

Scott

Gordon_Ramsay

Enthusiast
Looking quickly at Zetaboards, their last "News" was in 2011. That doesn't give me much confidence that they are improving their system. I may be wrong, but one would think, if they are supporting their platform with any kind of work, they'd make some news about it. Right? So you might want to think about the ZB choice altogether.

Scott

Ignore the Main page, all news and announcements are posted on the forums.

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
Ok, but then it looks like they have issues with servers. It is good they are that transparent though. It shows they are trying to give a good service. So I take back my lack of confidence vote.

Scott

meetdilip

Tazmanian Master
Facebook does not allow sharing of Zetaboard links on it. Had to made one to find out. Free version is very limited.

gogoblender

shiny happy pantless
i want to start professional forums from ZB like this http://antiquusforum.com/index/ and http://outlineforum.com/index/ how can i start ?

i am brother of Y2J. and i want to start cool but professional forum from ZB.

Hi brother of Y2J

Do you mean professional, as in you want to make money?
Or you want a good looking forum?

I'm not sure what Professional means to you.

My own forum started out on early version of ZB 7 years ago, we had a very good looking forum and it was all free.

You can do this too with ZB and not spend any money

Is this what you mean?

:)

gogo

HallofFamer

Habitué
It's difficult or near impossible to build professional forums with free hosted forums. It takes really skillful admins and a highly capable team/network to make it happen, unless you have them all.

Chrisy__1

Participant
If it's a custom theme on ZetaBoards like both of those have you want to look at learning how to create your own look. If you look at the ZetaDocs on the ZetaBoards support website you'll find tutorials on how to make your own look.