How to add registration message for IPS forum?

gogoblender

shiny happy pantless
Hi everyone and good cheers, hugs and wishes for this awesome holiday season ! We are trying to add a message and link to our registration page, right now its just a form that they are required to fill in, with a skill testing question. We're hoping to cover some costs by adding a message and a link to our paypal donate page so that community can help with running costs.
We were trying to get this going last night, but ended up being more frustrated than successful. Has anyone here managed to do this, or has any ideas for us?
Thanks!!
:)

gogo

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
Without having an add-on you are going to have to modify the templates. And then you will have to do that with each upgrade that you do since IPS (AFAIK) doesn't merge default templates.
Simplest solution would be to have someone custom write you an add-on to do this.
I"m sorry I can't tell you exactly what template as I've taken both the IPS and XF sites offline that I was running.

haqzore

Devotee
Not exactly what your request is, but many themes offer a customizable "guest message". You could add this info to that.