How many new registrations do you get per day?

teejay23

Participant
0.5 to 2 a day so far. First week and no advertising so give and take really. A soft launch i guess you can call it.

Samir

Huntsville Car Scene
An average of 1 per day, but the number of active ones still is about the same. :(

gogoblender

shiny happy pantless
Have any of you guys tried to collect and provide downloads for readers? This has been our latest project, and it's been pretty successful. After running a query topic here at TAz to ask how peeps felt about making guests register for downloads, we then instituted forced guest registration for our download section, and our registration numbers more than doubled in a single day and have continued e'er since.

:)

gogo

TheChiro

Devotee
But are those quality registrations? How many will come back?

I've always been an advocate of quality registrations. I never force guests to register for any reason. I feel, if they want to voice their opinion, they will register. If they are just going to lurk, then they are going to just lurk, whether they are a guest or a member. At least for guests, they see more ads and I get higher eCPM's with guests lol

gogoblender

shiny happy pantless
At least for guests, they see more ads and I get higher eCPM's with guests lol
Yes!! lol I keep gnashing my teeth over this...that guests see more ads, hence a better chance of stuff getting clicked maybe keep them as guests! :lol:

But for most peeps we've talked to as we asked:

Fair to make readers register for downloads

having guests register for downloads "felt" correct though. And at the end of the day...they are a step closer to making that intro post than they were before ^^

In fact, I feel like a guest "feels" correct/right in being asked to register for a download, and this perhaps even elevates the transaction of registration-for-download as one that confirms their place along a "norm" in the netiverse.

gogo

Last edited:

TheChiro

Devotee
Yes!! lol I keep gnashing my teeth over this...that guests see more ads, hence a better chance of stuff getting clicked maybe keep them as guests! :lol:

But for most peeps we've talked to as we asked:

Fair to make readers register for downloads

having guests register for downloads "felt" correct though. And at the end of the day...they are a step closer to making that intro post than they were before ^^

In fact, I feel like a guest "feels" correct/right in being asked to register for a download, and this perhaps even elevates the transaction of registration-for-download as one that confirms their place along a "norm" in the netiverse.

gogo
I just know if I were to come to your site and be asked to register when trying to d/l something, I would click back and look for another site that has that information. If you are the only site, then I guess you can justify that.

I just don't like to be annoyed to register at a site when I just need something one time and then leave so I practice that on my site.

Nev_Dull

Anachronism
But are those quality registrations? How many will come back?

I've always been an advocate of quality registrations. I never force guests to register for any reason. I feel, if they want to voice their opinion, they will register. If they are just going to lurk, then they are going to just lurk, whether they are a guest or a member. At least for guests, they see more ads and I get higher eCPM's with guests lol
This is something I've been struggling with as well.

I tend to agree that people should only register on the site when they want to, not because they're forced to. As you say above, even if you make them register to download something or because you've put a limit on guest browsing, you can't make them actively take part in the forum.

However, I think there is something to be said for the other side. By making guests register to get something, you increase your member count. That can have some effect for a small forum, or one starting out. If guests see lot's of registrations on the site, some may be moved to register as well (the lemming effect).

As well, someone browsing the site as a guest may see a thread that they have a strong opinion on. But in order to say something, they have to take a minute to register. So they don't bother. However, if you've previously made them register to download or view something, they may be more inclined to act on the impulse to respond.

It would be interesting to do a study to find out what does motivate people to register and or participate in a forum. I'm quite surprised there hasn't been something like that published. We get so focused on learning more about monetizing, SEO, and SERP that we forget to study the most important thing -- the users.

lllAE86lll

Computer Technician
Approximately 130 members a day that registers

Highest was 315 in one day.

Soulwatcher

Devotee
I was averaging 2per day and then I stopped getting new members all together 4 days ago. I need to get my name out there. :biggun:

AHang

Aspirant
I am not sure how to tell what I am getting per day.

Here is my admin screen shot of my fav forum I own

atngunclub.com_banners_registers.PNG

I do know one thing. This is the fastest growing forum I have ever owned. I started about 24 days ago now over 300 members. YAY:banana:

I started my forum with mybb then moved to vbulletin. That is why you do not see the first part of my time. My first few days were huge!

janmmaster

Neophyte
We search out with reference to 7-11, and I was probing to what other forums are getting. Do you guys consider lots of new index members concern earnings much?

AHang

Aspirant
Not sure I would say 75% have posted. The others just use the classifieds.

JulieVA

Habitué
One or two a day - the things is...at this point the participation rate is a lot higher.

AHang

Aspirant
I think we can all help each other out. I will join all of your sites and post QUALITY content. You can do the same for me.

I will join and pm you the details. I like to help and need help myself!:help:

AHang

Aspirant
75% is quite a good amount :)
Yeah but they are not all overdrive posters. Just post a little bit. I have about 45% of my members who are constantly on and posting. The rest just come back every few days and post and read. That is ok too. It is a forum for guns and people mainly just want to buy sell and trade. There are some there that want to help promote safe gun rights and promote the 2nd amendment which we have in the US. I am a firm believer and a gun carrier myself.

The forum has been very fun to watch grow and to talk with everyone. I had one guy tell me he shut his forum down a year ago but still has all the info and wants to email all of them to come over to mine. He had to shut it down due to some issues with his life but anyway, I have made probably 700 so far from the sponsors. Adding one new one today! YAY!

It is a good niche but bad for google ads. I have made $20 bucks total so far on google ads. Not good compared to my past with other forums I own.:rant2::banghead::hissy::Protest::help::hiding: