How many email addresses does your forum have?

DigNap15

Adherent
Hi I have had my forum now for 2 months and its going quite well (800 members)

Just wondering how many email addresses you have for your forum?

Eg at present I have 1
Admin
I am thinking about adding 2 more
Register and
Complaints (for any legal issues that may come up)

How many do you have and what are they called?

haqzore

Devotee

admin@domain.com

The only reason I would agree with creating 2 more addresses (per your example) is if the emails to your Admin box are too fast & busy to effectively manage. Otherwise - why complicate things?

woody

eternal noobie
I have a handful. Good to have a couple added logins for testing usergroup parameters without affecting your primary admin account.

FYI, never EVER keep your Admin account as User#1. Start a new account (User#806 or whatever ends up next) and merge your User#1 admin account into that one.

Any potential database hackers always target User#1.

zappaDPJ

Administrator
FYI, never EVER keep your Admin account as User#1. Start a new account (User#806 or whatever ends up next) and merge your User#1 admin account into that one.

Any potential database hackers always target User#1.
I must admit, as paranoid as I am, that's something I've not considered.

cornnfedd

Captain Futurama
only 1.

then I only have to check 1.

then members only need to remember 1.

it just makes life so much easier.

contact@forumname.com

you may also have an admin email for use for other stuff, like xenforo licenses, paid mods and other stuff that is required for the website to run. (hosting etc)

we_are_borg

Administrator
We have plenty all volunteers we have has got a e-mail address. If a volunteer does not have an email address its not a volunteer for the project. We also have email like usergroup@domain.tld its a mailing list every volunteer email is in the correct usergroup. The organization has a few that we need but they all are forwarded to admin@ and 2 people at least are monitoring that. We also had gmail for example that was costing 66 dollars a month and after reviewing came to a shocking conclusion that from the 11 emails only 2 where used actively 3 others where used for services to run on. So i deleted 9 made the 3 others as alias on one of the two active accounts and deleted 9 gmail accounts we now pay 12 dollars and i have the same function. We have lots of emails as you can see do we need them all no not yet but we are growing so we thought ahead.

cornnfedd

Captain Futurama
interesting, I actually never knew about GSuite, just been reading about it.

I guess thats googles answer to microsoft office 365, one drive etc.. interesting indeed.