how Google search engine approaches user generated content on websites

• Admin

Joeychgo

TAZ Administrator
In this episode of Ask Google Webmasters, John Mueller goes over how Google search engine approaches user generated content on websites, how to block this content from being indexed (if needed), and how to flag links within user-generated content.

Good read: Qualify your outbound links to Google

Jim McClain

Senior Citizen
There should be a way to add dofollow code to links on forum posts (if there is, I don't know about it). On my niche forum, a great many links posted by my members are content relevant. Many aren't. I wouldn't suggest that all links posted by a specific user group be dofollow because there are no users or user groups, including the Admin group, that always post only relevant links. It would be nice to have more control over the links and, in turn, how search engines crawl my site. This could be helpful in negotiating with sites I link to to reciprocate.

Jim McClain

Senior Citizen
rel=ugc for user provided links, microdata to markup the posts.
The correct usage would be
Code:
rel="ugc"
from what I understand. But I'm not sure I know what you mean by your post. How can one apply that to link markup in member posts on a forum. I use Xenforo but if you know how to address that issue with any forum software, I'm sure it would be helpful to others.