How far does Facebook Group Admin responsibility go?

Alpha1

Administrator
Group Admins are responsible for all group activity. If content is posted in a group that goes against Facebook’s Terms of Service (TOS) or Community Standards, admins are at risk to lose their personal profile, their business page, and their group. Admins can be shut down with no recourse
https://theadminzone.com/threads/upcoming-facebook-changes.151078/
So admin accounts can be shut down.

We have also read that when it comes to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Facebook admins are also responsible.
How far exactly does Facebook group admin responsibility go?
What liability is there when you have a Facebook group?
Where does the admin responsibility stop and Facebooks responsibility begin?

LeadCrow

Apocalypse Admin
My understanding is that admins are responsible for the type of content posted by group members, expected to moderate and unpublish objectionable publications like copyrighted files getting swapped around, and the potential risk to admins' accounts related to wether they deliberately overlook those activities or directly encourage them without their direct involvement.

Alpha1

Administrator
Some related information:
The Court of Justice of the European Union recently ruled that anybody who runs a fan page, group or other such page on Facebook can be held partly responsible for any failures in GDPR compliance concerning users on the page, even if the offense does not originate from the page itself. Likewise, if a page administrator fails to comply with the GDPR, Facebook can be held partly responsible as the provider of the platform that made the infringing data collection and use possible. This hinges on Facebook's Insights tool, which allows page administrators to view demographic data on page visitors such as their location, interests, and location.
https://www.androidheadlines.com/20...e-admins-responsible-for-gdpr-compliance.html

Paul M

Super Moderator
I honestly cannot understand why anyone would bother - they have complete control and can kill your group (and account) on a whim.

Alpha1

Administrator
While I agree with you, they do have the users as well as a modern engaging platform. And they stimulate group members to spam their friends and add them to your group without their consent. i.e. group member growth is massive.

zappaDPJ

I honestly cannot understand why anyone would bother - they have complete control and can kill your group (and account) on a whim.

I agree but then again having read this it does give reasonable reasons why someone might bother. Nevertheless the result does unfortunately appear to be impending annihilation :(

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
While I agree with you, they do have the users as well as a modern engaging platform. And they stimulate group members to spam their friends and add them to your group without their consent. i.e. group member growth is massive.
This has actually changed (thank god). Now if someone adds you to a group, it just sends you an invite instead - which is deleted after 30 days if you ignore it (or you can accept/decline) but you're no longer automatically added now.

Alpha1

Administrator
Thats indeed better, but still awful. If people would invite you because they think its a interesting for you then it would be a positive thing. But Facebook suggests that you invite everyone you know with a few clicks, which simply is unsolicited spam. You can indeed deny it, but that's of little use if you get invites every day. Im not sure if it gets deleted after 30 days because if I look at the invited groups list then its endless. I cant get to the bottom of the list.
It works great for groups though. But I wonder what damage the annoyance does to the platform. If I would not use Facebook for my sites, then I would gladly stop using it.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
You can indeed deny it, but that's of little use if you get invites every day.
With groups, when you decline, a pop up comes up asking if you want to block any further invites to the group - which is also helpful. Not so much with pages, which is where FB pushes with suggestions to invite everyone you know (it's also there in groups, but not quite as in your face). I field around 200 Page invites a day from people. Drives me crazy, especially when they're pages about things I have absolutely no interest in.