How do I install a new style?

dragonpoe

Neophyte
So I tried to install styles first time in my life, followed the guides found on the web, but nothing. It doesn't work.

Please help me out.

Here are some screenshots:

Thank you in advance.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
I moved your thread here since it pertains to phpBB, and I re-titled your thread to indicate the nature of the query. :D

A thread posted in the appropriate forum with a title clearly indicating the issue is more likely to get timely replies. :tup:

Jason76

Aspirant
You can also install totally via your computer and cPanel by simply compressing the files in a zip and then extracting it to wherever you want the forum. Due to my satellite connection, I cannot use FTP.

However, though, an FTP is normally how most do it. You simply upload the folders to their correct areas.

Anyway, for either method, you then have to go into the admin panel and do the finishing moves.

salem

Adherent
For a start you've uploaded the zip file , unzip the downloaded style on your PC etc.
unzipping on the server can corrupt them .
Upload the unzipped custom style folder via FTP to the style folder in your board root , then in ACP/ customise tab
Styles management /install style .

If no new styles are showing in "install style" then the style version does not match i.e 3.1 styles for 3.1 ..
3.0 /3.1/3.2 styles only work in their own versions

Argh ... just noticed the OP date

Last edited: