How do I change my url?

DigNap15

Adherent
Hello, at present my Url is

I am thinking of installing Cloudfare, via my webhost

I have heard that Cloudfare requires www in the url.
Is this correct, and if so, how can I change my url
And what wil the implicatons be?
Eg will all my members lose their Bookmarks?
Thanks

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
Are you using SiteGround? SiteGround seems to only work with www (though you could make that the new subdomain and force redirect everyone over so bookmarks would still work)

There's no fundamental reason you need to use www with CloudFlare but it might be best to raise the issue with your host as they may have specific setup steps you have to do.

we_are_borg

Administrator

Pete

That’s the exact article I found that made me ask if the OP was on SiteGround ;)

DigNap15

Adherent
Yes I am with Siteground since I started one year ago
My main problem is that my error logs are full of visits by people from countries that I am not interested in, and that are causing hundreds of errors looking for Word press files, when I do not have Word Press
I get a few registration applications from these countries each day - I can handle that.
But it is the use of my bandwith and the error logs that concern me.
This is why I think that Cloudfare is the easist way for me to block all of these countries

haqzore

Devotee
No familiarity with siteground, but, I run both of my sites thru Cloudflare without www. No issues.

Pete

If you do it through SG’s control panel, it basically forces you to have www, but if you do it manually it should be fine, as that article suggests.