How Did You Find TAZ?

mysiteguy

Migration Expert
I haven't seen any confederate flag avatars, though admittedly I don't read most threads. Just did a Google image search on TAZ, and couldn't find any but its image match isn't terribly good.

I pretty much feel the same way about the Confederate flag, it adds strife, is symbolic of things which should not be romanticized, minimized or excused.

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
I haven't seen any confederate flag avatars, though admittedly I don't read most threads. Just did a Google image search on TAZ, and couldn't find any but its image match isn't terribly good.
I've been a member here since 2006 - and I'm quite sure I've seen a confederate flag or two in avatars. Not that I can recall exactly which members - or even if the avatars were taken down for whatever reason... But I've seen them during my time here at TAZ.

I pretty much feel the same way about the Confederate flag, it adds strife, is symbolic of things which should not be romanticized, minimized or excused.
Ditto that. But then again - I've posted an augmented flag design that may not be to everyone's liking LOL.
My avatar has proudly flown the transgender pride flag as its background for the last several iterations of it.

I myself have completed graphic requests for members who've requested Confederate images. One example is in the forums now.
Me personally - as a graphic designer - I was just happy the client appreciated the design. Contrary to popular belief - it is possible to keep your political ideology independent from other aspects of ones life.

But yeah ... I would search for some confederate images on TAZ - but not bothered to do so.
Rest assured though = They exist. And proudly so.

J.

mysiteguy

Migration Expert
I'll do work that isn't politically aligned with mine, as I think politics alone aren't irrelevant to the work. However, some things (to me) aren't merely political, they may cross one's ethical and/or moral boundaries. Its a judgment call on a case by case basis.

For instance, while you've done work with the flag in an image, I'm guessing you probably wouldn't have done it for a site that was openly racist or using it in an openly racist way?

MagicalAzareal

Magical Developer
I have about as much of a reaction to the Confederate Flag as I do to the emblem of the Roman Empire which killed countless people as-well. That is that I don't have a reaction at all as it all happened a long, long time ago.

And the Nazis are an odd one as they actually appropriated a symbol of Buddhism which is now considered "offensive" in the West.
Contrary to popular belief - it is possible to keep your political ideology independent from other aspects of ones life.
If I didn't do that, I would be tearing apart everyone on this site on a daily basis.
I keep politics very succinct and short when it is needed.

Noble

Participant
I hit google info about hosting and found you as well TAZ is on the XenForo site that i hit often;)

ItsMe2

Aspirant
I found TAZ after doing some heavy research into the possibility of using XenForo for the community section of my websites. I am glad I found you.

LisaMcdowell8

Neophyte
I always get into a stupor from such questions, in my case my friend advised me on this site, I told him that I would like to develop in this area and do business. I'm new here, nice to meet you! Have a nice day, everyone.

Abizaga

I am a tuna sandwich!
I probably found it on google back when I was running Q-Army and figured it would be great to talk to other admins.