How Did You Find TAZ?

Ummagumma

Adherent
Hmm think I found it almost two and a half+ years ago when looking for admin advice. Lurked for ages then joined Feb last year. But admittedly I slipped off the radar too for a little while.
I enjoy it here though. (when I can be here)

antjciulla

Neophyte
Quite a few years ago when I was first looking into forums and getting my interest peeked.

Jonathan73

Aspirant
I found Taz via an article on the business insider website. It was quite a fascinating article which led me to this very site.

Shimei

Fan
TAZ found me through Gossip. I heard it through the grapevine that someone was bashing my site for using Vbulletin. I received a link from someone here to check out the conversation. It was the first time I have ever witnessed an armchair cultist type following for software.

:)

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
It was the first time I have ever witnessed an armchair cultist type following for software.
Would it be armchair cultist though? Or would it be computer chair cultist? :p

HotRodCarts

Aspirant
I was a member here years ago when I started my first forum (2005) running IPB1.3. I finally converted it to XF and was searching for info and came across TAZ. I couldn't remember my account info or email address I used back then so I created a new account.

Lal

Aspirant
Another Admin told me to check TAZ out. As a newbie to forums, it was great advice. :thumb:
I believe he found you on Xen Community.

SaN-DeeP

TechArena.IN
We've been asking this question during registration, but perhaps it would be more interesting to ask it in a thread as well - How did you find TAZ?

As for me, I founded it, so I didn't have to find it. :D
I guess I founded via one of your posts on vb.com 10+ years back lol

Dee Johnson

Aspirant
A friend of a work colleague recommended this forum..unfortunately we are not in touch as he moved to South Asia. I checked it out, and i was instantly smitten! ;)

Pearstep

Neophyte
I found TAZ from Google, in search of getting members with launch team but I heard its over

Paul M

Limeade Addict
I have no idea. :D

Looking back, it was in June 2006, by which time I was already on the staff at vb.org, so maybe it was mentioned over there.

My first posts just seem to be random replies to a couple of threads, so no clue there either !

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
I have no idea. :D

Looking back, it was in June 2006, by which time I was already on the staff at vb.org, so maybe it was mentioned over there.

My first posts just seem to be random replies to a couple of threads, so no clue there either !
Old age setting in, memory's going :D

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
I had been aware of this site for some time from posts at vBorg, and always intended to check it out and register, but seemed to always have too many other things going on. However, after IB decided Paul would no longer lead vBorg, I wanted to see if it was being discussed elsewhere, and a Google search brought me here. I wanted to weigh in on the discussion, so I registered.

I wish I had registered much sooner...this site appears to be a great resource, and to be run very well. I see a good number of active admins, which is always an encouraging sign. I look forward to being a part of this community. :D

Soulwatcher

Devotee
I joined here in 2006 when I had my Linux forum. And I honestly don't remember how I found this place. I think a dinosaur told me. :cheers: