How can SEO get me more leads?

Allesandro Smith

Neophyte
Hi Everyone, I really need your help. and I hope I don't get banned. I'm just a local business owner who wants to drive more leads to my Ecommerce business and drive more sales. Given that the pandemic has been really hard for everyone and I just want to recover. Can someone refer me to someone who knows SEO or someone who can enlighten me on how seo works and if its relevant to my business? Thanks in advance

Zelda

Enthusiast
Hi Everyone, I really need your help. and I hope I don't get banned. I'm just a local business owner who wants to drive more leads to my Ecommerce business and drive more sales. Given that the pandemic has been really hard for everyone and I just want to recover. Can someone refer me to someone who knows SEO or someone who can enlighten me on how seo works and if its relevant to my business? Thanks in advance
I am sorry, but we are going to have to ban you now. /sarcasm (I am only joking)

I first want to welcome you to the community. I am very sorry to presume you have had less than positive experiences elsewhere, to have come to the point where you expect to be banned by joining a community when seeking help. I do not believe that will be the case here, so welcome, and I hope you find your stay a friendly and productive one.

Let me save you some money with some sound advice. There are many services available online claiming they can boost your SEO rating if you pay them, and for a starving business, this can seem like a worthwhile investment. It is more than often a suckers bet. My advice is not to pay anyone claiming to know the magic secret to boost your site's SEO rating. There is no magic secret to improving your SEO rating, and search engines change their algorithms so frequently that what works today may not work at all tomorrow.

But there are a few things you can do that have always generally worked. First, you want your website to run as smoothly and as fast as possible. If your website lags even a little, not only will your customers become frustrated and see it as unprofessional, so will any search engine. You want your layout to be as clean and as straightforward as possible (easy to navigate). Ensure you have modernized it using HTML5 and CSS3, including a responsive design for mobile devices. Whenever possible, use as few scripts as possible. Forward all your URLs to use either www or non-www, not both (for user-friendliness, I suggest non-www). Lastly, make sure your site is fully secure with HTTPS.

Beyond that, I would suggest advertising. The old saying, "if you build it, they will come," is entirely not valid for the internet. You want to get your brand out there, and you want some word of mouth too. Does your company have a business page on social media? If not, that is an excellent place to start.

If you do not mind me asking, what is your site? And again, welcome to the community.

we_are_borg

Administrator
If you read about SEO you should be able to do much work yourself like Zelda says do not pay any company money for it, Its not worth it. But always remember SEO needs to be done from user standpoint if it diminish user experience do not do it. As an owner of a business it more important when you get a lead to bring that lead in, so you can better invest how to learn from lead to work. Communication is key to customers make sure you have a system in place that you can lookup communication in the past so you are always on top. I know companies that ask for birthdays of the contact and send a birthday message, real easy to do and appreciated by many. Depending on the work you do you can setup lots of stuff that can help you. If you are a painter for example after x months go back and look if its good, people expect paint to last x years make sure it does. Its better to have people praising your work to others then to run ads.

NYCGuy76

Fanatic
I think the magic ingredient is lots of fresh originally written content. Google loves fresh content especially if it’s full of words. Write or hire someone to write articles in your niche. I think that should definitely help you in the long run.

martin smith

Enthusiast
If you're looking for SEO leads, it's important to have a social media presence so potential customers know who you are Major search engines index social media content So being active on social media is definitely one of the best ways to gain traction and visibility.

Icon

Aspirant
If you're looking for SEO leads, it's important to have a social media presence so potential customers know who you are Major search engines index social media content So being active on social media is definitely one of the best ways to gain traction and visibility.
I agree. I would just treat the Facebook page and Twitter account as your own personal newspaper. And keep at it. Because you're doing two things at once: 1. Sending news to your "fan" base. 2. Getting your page(s) spidered, slurped, and eventually indexed, because its basically backlinking. Google treats this as a signal, rather than technical linking.

However, make sure you not only use keywords, use hashtags, as well to be in the "conversation" to reach new people.

Bengie

Participant
I did a post about one of the above and it's there in black and white 'keywords' but where do we get these keywords ??