How Can I Get Content for SEO

PirateKing

Aspirant
I have tried and failed at most seo techniques and alot of questions i need answered aren't in the guide!
Look i have a google page rank in the 100 range but everything else except directories has failed me.
Questions i have
1.Which sites do i submit articles to and how do i do it?
2.How do i write the articles in the first place?
3.Where can I find articles written by others WITH RSS FEEDS!
4.What is social bookmarking?
5.HOW CAN I GET CONTENT?
I have more but that will suffice for right now.

Hangman

Tazmanian
I have tried and failed at most seo techniques and alot of questions i need answered aren't in the guide!
Look i have a google page rank in the 100 range but everything else except directories has failed me.
Questions i have
1.Which sites do i submit articles to and how do i do it?
2.How do i write the articles in the first place?
3.Where can I find articles written by others WITH RSS FEEDS!
4.What is social bookmarking?
5.HOW CAN I GET CONTENT?
I have more but that will suffice for right now.
Post things yourself?

Hangman

Tazmanian
Tried That Wise Guy
I'd advise against taking that sort of attitude with me. The reason I posted what I did in the tone I did, is that you're coming across as someone who 'wants it all', and 'wants it now' - and this won't happen.

Whilst I cannot answer a few of your questions, the content one is easy. If other people aren't posting on your board, you are going to have to do it, either under different accounts, or under your own. Keeping your content fresh is vital, and apart from paid posting, this is the only way.

I'm slightly worried about the question, "how do I write articles myself". Could you expand on it?

Last edited:

PirateKing

Aspirant
yeah i could i want to learn how to write good articles so i can post them on my site and in doing so add content
also which sites do u submit articles too and what is social bookmarking

gogoblender

shiny happy pantless
Hey PirateKing

The most important thing when writing articles for your site is to keep at it and to make sure you're sincerely interested in it.

If you are...the article writing comes easy.

This is hours of work a day if you really want it to take off and it's something that can never be stopped.

In the Articles section here at Taz, there is many many hours of reading to do. I've done some research for you and have posted titles and links to a number of the excellent articles here at Taz that helped us when we were putting our site together and understand what kind of work it would take to keep a community together and interested. I would encourage you to get a great handle on what is being discussed in those articles and focus on firstly...how you can discover your own unique way of adding your own type of content to your site:

How to build a community

How to make your forum community stand out

Build your site: KISS

Build your site

Motivating people to submit quality content on your forums

Build your site, creating a successful forum

You'll need a minimum of fifteen posts a day..and that's a bare minimum in your early days. You'll also need to become a great leader for your community and show them how your own posting serves as an example to everyone else on how to post well and be creative in writing articles and posts.

Only once you've got the knack of adding content...which means writing articles that appeal to the kind of community that you've chosen to work with...should you then perhaps consider spending time on SEO strategies.

I mean after all...what would be the point of doing all the seo work...if when people come to your site to visit...there's nothing there to really grab their interest and make them want to register and stay, right?

If you're in love with your site and what your site is about, writing this content should come easily, the hours of work it takes a day involved in researching what other forums like yours are covering and then transforming it into content that is your own is an art in itself.

Ask yourself why you like going to other forums, what they do that you don't...then try and find a way to transform it into your own points of view.

Forums are hard work, there is no button to press that will make your site an instant success. No directory that you can add your name to that will win you loyal followers.

Sweat, lots of writing, more sweat...lots more writing! :lol:

But if this is the kind of hobby that you really love to do...if you really love to write, to connect with others, write those pms that help strengthen and interest your community in the way you want to take them, you'll create something that will brighten your day every time you look at it.

Good luck

:)

gogo

Last edited:

PirateKing

Aspirant
Ok i get that now but U STILL HAVEN'T EXPLAINED WHAT A SOCIAL BOOKMARKING SITE IS!

Jura

Devotee
It's a place for sharing links to interesting finds around the net. People share pics, advertise their site, and leave pointless comments. They give you a bit of traffic for a short bit and if you have something really good, you'll get lots. One big online Favorites/Bookmark list.

Ykhare

Enthusiast
del.icio.us is one such site.
More on the subject : http://www.google.fr/search?q="social+bookmarking"

It's fun, but don't do it with the only intent to spam your site or worse every single thread of your forum all over the place, hundreds have tried it and guess what, with no content no one gave a dead rat's tail, except maybe for the very short time it took someone to report them for spam.

And well, learning to write excedes the span of what can be transmitted within a forum thread. School should have done a good part of it, then after that it's write and improve, having a subject you're interested in and knowledgeable about helps too.
http://www.google.fr/search?q=%22social+bookmarking%22

PirateKing

Aspirant
del.icio.us is one such site.
More on the subject : http://www.google.fr/search?q="social+bookmarking"

It's fun, but don't do it with the only intent to spam your site or worse every single thread of your forum all over the place, hundreds have tried it and guess what, with no content no one gave a dead rat's tail, except maybe for the very short time it took someone to report them for spam.

And well, learning to write excedes the span of what can be transmitted within a forum thread. School should have done a good part of it, then after that it's write and improve, having a subject you're interested in and knowledgeable about helps too.
http://www.google.fr/search?q=%22social+bookmarking%22
ok so how do i use social bookmarking to get traffic?

Jura

Devotee
Perhaps he meant a page rank of ten? It only goes up to ten...?

I throw in other links I like, not just my forum. Makes me feel less spammy.

PirateKing

Aspirant
What guide are you referring to?

What do you mean "page rank in the 100 range"?

What does this mean?
Yes thats what i am reffering too.
Also the guides on the site.
My site is in page 100 of google search emgines.

djbaxter

Tazmanian Veteran
You're more likely to get answers to your questions if you provide a little basic information.

minstrel said:
What guide are you referring to?
the guides on the site
What site? And who wrote the guide?

minstrel said:
but everything else except directories has failed me.
What does this mean?
This is a still unanswered question. What have you tried? How have those efforts failed you? How have directories NOT failed you? Were you submitting to paid directories? If so, which ones? Were you buying links? Are you aware that Google's recent update significantly nullified many paid links and penalized as well as nullifying the links from many directories?

My site is in page 100 of google search emgines.
For what search terms?

PirateKing

Aspirant
You're more likely to get answers to your questions if you provide a little basic information.

What site? And who wrote the guide?

This is a still unanswered question. What have you tried? How have those efforts failed you? How have directories NOT failed you? Were you submitting to paid directories? If so, which ones? Were you buying links? Are you aware that Google's recent update significantly nullified many paid links and penalized as well as nullifying the links from many directories?

For what search terms?
Answers
1.By "the site" i mean THIS site i'm on now ADMINZONE and not sure.
2.Ok i HAVE tried every way to members that is possible and doesn't require money.
The only ones that were successful were directory submission and seo. The rest failed me because they got me no new members.

djbaxter

Tazmanian Veteran
You are mixing up a lot of different things here.

SEO is not necessarily about getting you more members. It's about propmoting your site in such a way that it ranks high (within the top 10 preferably) for the major search terms for your forum. Being in the top 100 in Google isn't doing very well in that regard, since few people will wade through 10 pages of Google results to find you.

Once you have succeeded in ranking well, in order to convert that into new members you need content that attracts them (and probably a certain amount of visual appeal and atmosphere as well). That has little to do with SEO. It has everything to do with what a visitor will find on your forum when s/he gets there and whether it's enough for the visitor to take the trouble to stay and register.

It might help if you provided the link to your forum and the search terms you want to rank well for.

gogoblender

shiny happy pantless
It might help if you provided the link to your forum and the search terms you want to rank well for.

Yes, Pirateking could you please show us your site?
We could probably all get a better handle on what precisely could help you. Having the link to your site in your sig here at Taz can also really help with getting that link spidered as well. If peeps here at Taz are interested in what you post about, they could even, perhaps, be interested in clicking your sig link and checking out your site.

If the content you have there is of interest, they might even join up and become a member.

:banana:

gogo