how can I change IP for posts?

Rizan

Neophyte
hello guys,

I seriously need ur help buddy.

firstly I want to removed ip poster button permanently from my forum.

secondly, say i post from from sydney some posts. now I Have moved in another area and got a new IP. now I want to update IP addressed of those posts thats I Have posted from sydney. how can I DO that leaving the post same ? if I edit the post and send it again would that post show my current IP? OR ANY else trick to set the current IP in those posts leaving the post as it is?

mates its very important for me and my forum. please please help me. I would be ever thankful.

Mythotical

Habitué
Its not suggested to alter IP's or remove it from your forum as its only viewable by admins.

Whenever you post, any IP listing for previous posts will update with current/new IP.

Musical_frog

Mac' N' Cheese Eater
Its not suggested to alter IP's or remove it from your forum as its only viewable by admins.

Whenever you post, any IP listing for previous posts will update with current/new IP.
Actually previous posts will remain from the IP they were posted from. If you're an admin and click on the IP button of a user it will say
X posts from X IP
X posts from X IP

and continue for however many IPs they've posted from.

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
Why would you want to remove them? :confused: Do you not trust your other administrators? If you don't, was it wise to make them administrators in the first place?