VPS How big is your VPS?

zoldos

Lord Malleus
XF is nice. No free forum package compares. Blogging is cool. I used WordPress for awhile. :D

DudeThatsErin

Habitué
XF is nice. No free forum package compares. Blogging is cool. I used WordPress for awhile. :D
Yup, that's what I currently use. WP on my blog and coding help site and then hard coded my portfolio. I haven't coded websites in a few years so coding my portfolio was difficult. Glad I have it out of the way lol

zoldos

Lord Malleus
Nice. Yeah it's pretty light weight with a lot of mods and customization options. Right on!

rosarionet

Aspirant
2GB RAM, 30GB space at DO - no control panel or whatsoever - just nginx, PHP-FPM and MYSQL. I made some substantial tweaks and the whole thing just flies with 8 medium sized onboard

zoldos

Lord Malleus
2GB RAM, 30GB space at DO - no control panel or whatsoever - just nginx, PHP-FPM and MYSQL. I made some substantial tweaks and the whole thing just flies with 8 medium sized onboard
How much do you pay for that? I just got a VDS (Virtual Dedicated Server) with 16GB ram, 1TB space, and a dual core CPU for $17.99 a month. Good stuff.

zoldos

Lord Malleus
I use Ubunto 20.04. Excellent! And you get full console access.

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
My main VPS: RAM: 4000 MB | Storage: 18 of 120 GB
My MySQL VPS: RAM: 1141 MB | Storage: Unlimited GB

I'm always leery on "unlimited" but I have had no issues with it yet.

zoldos

Lord Malleus
My main VPS: RAM: 4000 MB | Storage: 18 of 120 GB
My MySQL VPS: RAM: 1141 MB | Storage: Unlimited GB

I'm always leery on "unlimited" but I have had no issues with it yet.
Sounds cool. I used to have shared hosting way back with "unlimited space and bandwidth" but when I started allowing video uploads on my site, they complained because of the storage I was using. LOL

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
Sounds cool. I used to have shared hosting way back with "unlimited space and bandwidth" but when I started allowing video uploads on my site, they complained because of the storage I was using. LOL
Yeah I wouldn't even want to try that, haha.
But I wish I could afford to upload and host my own videos. But I shoot 4K-30fps and each video is about 10 minutes long. I upload 3 a week. I just hit 850 videos the other day. I imagine that would take some server resources lol.

zoldos

Lord Malleus
Yeah I wouldn't even want to try that, haha.
But I wish I could afford to upload and host my own videos. But I shoot 4K-30fps and each video is about 10 minutes long. I upload 3 a week. I just hit 850 videos the other day. I imagine that would take some server resources lol.
It also depends on the script. I was using Sngine and it natively handled videos (mp4) and didn't need to convert them. Other scripts require ffmpeg which I'm sure you've heard of. This requires a lot of resources....

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
It also depends on the script. I was using Sngine and it natively handled videos (mp4) and didn't need to convert them. Other scripts require ffmpeg which I'm sure you've heard of. This requires a lot of resources....
It is something I want to look into to be honest.
I mean in the end, YT and FB and all that is only rented space. If they wanted to, they could kick you off, close down or whatever and everything you made is gone.

Of course I save all my footage but I'd love to know how to host everything myself in the event that I might have to.

The whole web 3.0 deal is kind of gearing towards that, though, being able to better do those things.