How about a private haters section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubt

Tazmanian
Not that I think it would happen, but IB does have the resources to put a strong team together on this.
Since the beginning of vB5 the strongest team ever is making it.
After two years of development it's still worse than alpha.

And they wouldn't have to start from scratch as Mike and Kier did.

They should.
Presently it's a disaster.

LeadCrow

Apocalypse Admin
Much of the components a forum would depend on are readily available and only need integration, like post editors, file uploading libraries, templating engines and other routines.
A basic working system should be doable under 3 months (pre-production included) for kickstarting more serious work, provided dedicaced manpower and a clear direction. Times sure have changed.

Lochie

TAZ Enthusiast
We have no problem with the discussion of any forum software here at TAZ, so long as the chatter remains civil. It is our belief that users should be able to express their opinion and not fall victim to bias and censorship.

TAZ is no affiliated with any board, and as previously mentioned to limit discussion in any way - shape, or form with run counter to our interests as a forum, as it would with any forum.

GasaiYuno

Adherent
We always let people post their opinion on the Internet, regardless on how stupid it is. Don't worry guys, you're free to have an opinion and discuss the forum software as there is free speech out there somewhere. Sadly, you gotta follow the TAZ rules, too.

PaulKet

Habitué
This is true, however I notice that you chose to nitpick my post instead of engaging with my argument.

What argument? Those complaining are a small group and do it often. I'm all for discussing which platform is best, which platform has the most problems, etc. but I see this same small group of people who take every opportunity possible to slam one particular platform as having an agenda.

When you have actually paid to use any platform, which you have admitted that you haven't, you might see what I'm saying a little differently.

MannyRUA

Fan
When you have actually paid to use any platform, which you have admitted that you haven't, you might see what I'm saying a little differently.

Does that suggest someone who paid for software, who might have done OK with a free one? And as a consequence doesn't like the slamming of the one he chose to pay for? :lildevil:

TrixieTang

Custom Usertitle

You just explained in a nutshell why many people are complaining about that one particular platform, it's because they paid money only for the software to go to what they see as Hell. Some of the complainers do go overboard with it, but they aren't without their reasons.

PaulKet

Habitué
Does that suggest someone who paid for software, who might have done OK with a free one? And as a consequence doesn't like the slamming of the one he chose to pay for? :lildevil:

Lol, no.

You just explained in a nutshell why many people are complaining about that one particular platform, it's because they paid money only for the software to go to what they see as Hell. Some of the complainers do go overboard with it, but they aren't without their reasons.

If I had to choose between vB5 and IPS, I would go with IPS without giving it a second thought. In fact, there is no chance at all that I would ever upgrade to vB5 while it's in the state that it is now. My issue with the constant complaining by a small group is that they may (or may not, I would guess that they do) drive people away from improving on the platform and away from creating new mods.

NickCF

I come from a land Down Under...
What argument?
This:
NickCF said:
The reality is that many vBulletin customers are realising that the product is going downhill. TAZ, as a community for forum admins, will naturally reflect this growing opinion.

Why do you oppose TAZ reflecting customer satisfaction and opinion?

Those complaining are a small group and do it often. I'm all for discussing which platform is best, which platform has the most problems, etc. but I see this same small group of people who take every opportunity possible to slam one particular platform as having an agenda.
I notice you didn't pull any punches when you felt you had been badly treated by IPB. Many customers feel they have been badly treated by IB, yet a premium price is charged.

When did I admit that I haven't paid to use any platform? While I am not the site owner, I contribute financially to the site.

And the fact that I didn't (directly) pay for our vBulletin 4 license doesn't disqualify me from this discussion. Why should it?

vijayninel

Ave atque vale

I would disagree on that. Its not just because we paid money for some software. vBulletin was much more than a piece of software for many of us. It was a great community and an institution of sorts.

We had a great thriving communities on vb.org, vb.org and the many other fan sites, vB specific sites. Today those communities are a pale shadow of the past. It is the withering away of these communities and decline of vb as an institution which hurts us the most.

It need not have been this way even after the departure of the former staff. This is what upsets many of us. It is the Internet Brands management which is responsible for this situation. It is no surprise that people are angry with them and this is what is showing on the forums.

IcEWoLF

Habitué
How about a private haters section on TAZ so all of the people who feel slighted by vBulletin in someway can piss and moan all they want without the posts being added to the xx Unread Posts since your last visit link? 4 out of the 9 threads with unread posts in them since my last visit are dedicated to crying about vBulletin.

I'm starting to like IPS more than vBulletin 4.2 (I own licenses for both) but Jesus H Christ, the cry babies and antagonizers are ruining this site. Do nothing and all you will have is them posting here.

Why hasn't anyone started their own vbulletinsucks.whatever board yet? it's such a great niche :rolleyes:

We like the publicity, I am sure TAZ likes to get all the attention. It's a discussion board and I believe the vBulletin drama actually is making TAZ happy with all the threads!

Either way, I think some people can express their feelings better here at TAZ than over at vB.com

Lets not forget vB.com at the current state is enraging a lot of people because it's loading slower than a snail and making it hard to keep up with some topics.

hatersgonnahate.png

Last edited:

IcEWoLF

Habitué
Also lets face it Paul, vB users have a more stronger foundation here than all the other "forum software" sections here.
So generally you will see a good amount of threads about vB here.

Last edited:

HallofFamer

Habitué
The OP just does not know when to quit, exactly the same mentality as IB if you ask me. XD

PaulKet

Habitué
I notice you didn't pull any punches when you felt you had been badly treated by IPB.

I started one thread after having a website that used their product completely destroyed. I haven't taken every opportunity since then to bitch and moan about what awful b@stards they are, in fact, in the very same thread I went on to say that IPS is outstanding software and that I renewed my license with them.

When did I admit that I haven't paid to use any platform? While I am not the site owner, I contribute financially to the site.

Somehow I doubt you have spent anything close to what it cost the site owner for the vB4 license and monthly hosting. Have you told the owner that you think the platform he or she is using is absolute crap?

The OP just does not know when to quit, exactly the same mentality as IB if you ask me. XD

Said the guy leading the pack of ------ (it would have been edited by a mod). Dude, get out of your parent's basement, go find a job and if you save your money long enough, one day you can upgrade from vB3 to something better. In the meantime please find something more constructive to do then start thread after thread after bloody thread slamming vBulletin. I've been to Ithaca and know that you have McDonald's there, go ask them for an application to work.

Lycaon

Devotee
I'm locking this now as it's gone too far now.

Paul, I'm sorry it came down to this. If you want to discuss the topic any further feel free to PM one of the Admins.

Status
Not open for further replies.