Hosted Email Providers?

Hentai

Enthusiast
While @gmail.com is fine for my personal email I recently really started to think about building my professional brand and using a custom domain name for professional, and if it goes well possibly personal email as well, as privacy has become a growing concern of mine. I tried using the cPanel POP/IMAP+Webmail email that came with my hosting account but the lack of good SPAM filter turned me off immediately, even with Apache Spam Assasin enabled.

I have heard good things about G-Suite and Office365 but I don't really want those entire suites of software and I feel like I am paying for more than I need. I tried both but Office365 doesn't support aliasing, which is a core part of how I organize my email and G-Suite felt very convoluted for my 1-person "Organization".

Do any of you have any experience with Hosted Email Providers? Can you recommend something more email-centric than G-Suite and Office365 that supports aliasing/forwarding?

overcast

Adherent
I once tried Zoho before they were free. I think they are good if you are ready to pay for the hosted email plans. The interface of email dashboard is good and it has other apps like Google Suite which can be a plus for some. Everything provided by Google and Office 365 is possible with Zoho as far as I know.

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
You can use Gsuite for businesses its cheap and it works. You get domain name and use that instead of gmail.

Kevin

Oooh, something shiny!

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
As far as i know that is not possible its everything on your own server or at someone elses.

Kevin

Oooh, something shiny!
As far as i know that is not possible its everything on your own server or at someone elses.
Which, to be honest, is kind of what I was assuming but I'm not familiar with how GSuite ends up configured.

Thinking out loud, I then wonder if somebody was to use GSuite mail then can XF be configured to use it for the bounced email handling feature. Hhhhmm.... some reading is required this weekend. :D

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
If you would give xf access to the mail box where bounced email would go you should be able to read it. The main reason why its your own server or some one else is because of dns.