Homepage Universe?

MrDeranged

Participant
Anyone have any info on / dealt with these guys?

Apparently, my previous host URLJet sold out to them and my site is now currently a sh*t show. Them selling out is only conjecture as I was never notified by anyone. The only reviews I've found are not instilling me with the greatest confidence either.

Any recommendations for VPS that wont break the bank? If any statistics about my site are needed, let me know

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Wow. I was with a specifically fabulous webhost ... and am still with them even though the webhost was purchased by HostDime; They have since switched the pricing to match the level of service offered. Wish I could refer you to my specific host MrDeranged because I understand the frustration and tedium. I'm not sure what HostDime's ratings or fees are at this particular moment - but I can tell you that as someone who was originally on one of their subsidiaries that they have a great eye for customer service and uptime.

HTH. Otherwise ... Wow. Thanks for sharing the frustration and tedium dude :p

J.

highlander29

Enthusiast
I
Anyone have any info on / dealt with these guys?

Apparently, my previous host URLJet sold out to them and my site is now currently a sh*t show. Them selling out is only conjecture as I was never notified by anyone. The only reviews I've found are not instilling me with the greatest confidence either.

Any recommendations for VPS that wont break the bank? If any statistics about my site are needed, let me know

I'm running into problems with them and am getting pretty frustrated. My site was down for an entire day and then they recovered it from a three day old backup. Does anyone have any recommended alternatives of hosts that provide strong vbulletin and 24/7 white glove support?

KnownHost

Participant
I

I'm running into problems with them and am getting pretty frustrated. My site was down for an entire day and then they recovered it from a three day old backup. Does anyone have any recommended alternatives of hosts that provide strong vbulletin and 24/7 white glove support?

What type of specifications are you needing? There's a few managed VPS providers that could fit the bill for you.

I assume something cPanel based as well?

MCA

Participant
I use to use Urljet too and faced similar problems. Once they got bigger, the service sucked. I thought I needed a white glove service as I'm not tech Smart at all. I looked at a lot of hosts, including the guy above, and ultimately decided to take a chance with Namecheap. While they are not white glove, their support is excellent. They do stuff you would think they did for the money. I'f they won't do it for you (they will though) they will hold your hand from start to finish with any issue. I firmly believe that you get what you pay for. That's why I use to use Urljet but Namecheap gives you way more for penny's. I now pull daily backups myself and so much more just from asking them questions. If your forum is running fine, think about other options. Learning is best and trust me, I'm not that techy.