Holy crap! The new XenForo Homepage is looking awesome.

palhanow

Enthusiast
Well, following my day to day duties (like entering in XF.com everyday to look for improvements and updates) and i got a nice surprise.

The new homepage is looking more professional than ever (or any other competition).

My first thought was: "well we are all f*c*ed now, XF just got hacked".

After that i realized that was indeed the XF page and man... Never see anything like before.

Like me, many users complained a lot about the bad looks in XF page:

This thread only got 9 pages of people commenting about.

And now...

Well, just enter and see:

xenforo.com

Looks like the XenForo 2.2 was going to be a 3.0 in the next release. I can't wait anymore.

Congratulations Chris D and other developers. You guys nailed again!

Panupat

Habitué
Haven't visited their home page in yearrrrrrrrs can't comment on improvements. But to comment on what I see... it's looking modern... very very regular kind of modern. A 2/3 column homepage template everyone and their cats are using these days. You see it on every blogs and company and restaurant or even pet hotels. So boring and I'm not sure it even give me impression that they actually provides a forum software.

Seriously imagine if you've never heard of Xenforo before. You know nothing about them scrolling through that page. The whole design is like expecting you to recognize its brand XENFORO alone.

Last edited:

l3ta

Participant
Well, following my day to day duties (like entering in XF.com everyday to look for improvements and updates) and i got a nice surprise.

The new homepage is looking more professional than ever (or any other competition).

My first thought was: "well we are all f*c*ed now, XF just got hacked".

After that i realized that was indeed the XF page and man... Never see anything like before.

Like me, many users complained a lot about the bad looks in XF page:

This thread only got 9 pages of people commenting about.

And now...

Well, just enter and see:

xenforo.com

Looks like the XenForo 2.2 was going to be a 3.0 in the next release. I can't wait anymore.

Congratulations Chris D and other developers. You guys nailed again!
Yep. It looks great. Colour gradients are in for 2.2.

cornnfedd

Captain Futurama
Much better then the previous which was looking very outdated..

Well done once again xenforo

LeadCrow

Apocalypse Admin
The entire frontpage reads like a sale pitch to corporations, not webmasters. Our members are not customers or clients...

Engage your customers with the premium community experience.
Engage your audience
Provide a forum where your customers can interact with you.
They will tell you what they like, and how you could do better.
Crowd-source support
Lighten the load on your support team.
Customers can answer each others' questions and share their experience.

Steve

Fanatic
There’s many more pages besides the front page. It’s all doing exactly what it should, giving the information to the user on what XenForo is and what it can do.

haqzore

Devotee
It's... A basic, mostly static page save for some forum feeds...
Not sure how this qualifies for "awesome" in 2020.... ?

Now, it's surely "awesome" when compared to the old page that was forgotten for almost a decade. But that's not really a compliment... It'd be hard to craft any modern page that didn't look awesome next to something made so long ago :p

Russ

Administrator
The entire frontpage reads like a sale pitch to corporations, not webmasters. Our members are not customers or clients...
For what it's worth, "users" are on there more than customers :D

Russ

Administrator
Really? Do you mean like, moderators or "co"-admins?

Or actual end-users?
The official homepage references end-users plenty of times, it was a simple response to his "customers" comment.

The XenForo Media Gallery provides a central hub for users to upload
Make sure your users can see the latest updates on your forum with the dedicated "What's new"
Let your users react to posts with more than just a like.
Let reactions contribute to a score to help you identify your most engaging users.
Keep your users involved
Funny enough, just noticed Invision references the word "Customer" the same amount of times :D

I really don't see the big deal here. I do like the feature page as I find those rather useful for new users:

haqzore

Devotee
If anyone deserves kudos here, it might be IPS... since XF has practically copy+pasted their layout.

Now I know IPS isn't the first or only... but we're talking about very specific providers here - direct competitors even - and IPS has had it for a while...

Kind of funny actually...

oneofakind.gif

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

Steve

Fanatic
Please...it’s a standard in design.

Its amazing the reluctance to see anything good around here.

haqzore

Devotee
Please...it’s a standard in design.

Its amazing the reluctance to see anything good around here.
Many many many more sites just like Slack, IPS, XF...to say it was copied is outlandish.
I said it's an improvement.
And I said IPS isn't the first.
And I also said this, while acknowledging IPS has the same layout:
It's... A basic, mostly static page save for some forum feeds...
Not sure how this qualifies for "awesome" in 2020.... ?

What I (tried to) say is that they're a standard layout. Nothing that should be considered "awesome" in 2020.

:confused:🤔

Last edited:

Ingenious

Fan
It's much better than the old one. The lean towards corporate and commercial customers is probably a sign of the times.