Hive Gamurs | Social Gaming Platform

Ash

Participant
What is the name of your forum/website?: Hive Gamurs
Description of your forum's topic?: A social platform for professional and casual gamers around the world rounding up the latest news, videos, reviews and guides in one place
What is the URL?: https://www.hivegamurs.net
Date of launch?: 28th of October 2017
What software do you use for this forum?: Custom Built
Additional details about your forum you might want to add:

awww.hivegamurs.net_static_img_uploads_DarthHazard.jpg
"A community for gamers created by gamers"

Hive Gamurs offers a social platform for professional and casual gamers around the world. We help you discover the latest gaming news, updates and guides whilst allowing you to interact and connect with other gamers.

Our games library gives you the news, trailers, reviews and updates in one place for every game that you love. Visit the video vault to watch your favourite videos & streams from professional gamers or your friends in the Hive Gamurs community.

Or if it's gaming discussion that you enjoy, our discussion forum allows you to discuss your favourite games or just have a nice chat with the other members.

Our clan management system allows gamers to start their own clan, recruit Hive Gamurs members and showcase your clan with your very own clan page. If that's not enough, then take part in our in-house tournaments to win some great prizes for your clan members.

Ash

Participant
Initial impression: far too white/bright. Some color would go a long way.
We actually had a dark navbar until yesterday. A few people said the same thing as you so I have reverted it back.

We actually had a dark navbar until yesterday. A few people said the same thing as you so I have reverted it back.

My main issue was the background and all the white on white. It hurts my eyes, I run black themes on every website now via custom CSS but most users aren't going to take the time to do that. The design itself is a little busy on the front page but it isn't so bad. If I were you I'd add some contrast to the style you have and offer something darker for people that don't like bright themes. I'll join when I get time tomorrow the site itself looks interesting.

By the way if you play fighting games send me your steam profile and I'll add you. I run a local group that meets every week. I play other stuff but fighting games are the main thing at the moment. If you're up for some sets I'd be happy to play, I own all the games played in tournament settings (my group plays a lot of stuff) and I also play a lot of doujin games as well.

Ash

Participant
Ah, I understand. I will try to come up with something a little darker so that you don't have to suffer from the brightness :D. Awesome, we would love to have you as part of our community. I'm a console gamer at the moment, unfortunately.

We have been growing since our launch. It would be great to see you join the gaming community at Hive Gamurs. Not into gaming? Then come on over and have a quick chat in the general chat of our forum. We also just released another patch to fix a few issues, bugs and to add some new features. The patch notes can be found here: https://www.hivegamurs.net/forum/news-&-annoucements/61

BioWarfare

The uphill battle
I really love the look and feel of the forum. I was really thinking about signing up but then I got 500 error when I clicked the Forum link. So I guess I will have to wait but would love to check out the forum once it's up. Keep on pushing.

Ash

Participant
I really love the look and feel of the forum. I was really thinking about signing up but then I got 500 error when I clicked the Forum link. So I guess I will have to wait but would love to check out the forum once it's up. Keep on pushing.
Thank you very much. Could you check again? It seems to have just been a small issue that has managed to resolve itself.

BioWarfare

The uphill battle
Thank you very much. Could you check again? It seems to have just been a small issue that has managed to resolve itself.

I signed up but whenever I login I get a hosting error:

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 10.17.38 AM.png

And now I can't view any page of the site without clearing my cache and cookies first. Then when I try to login once more, I get the same error and have to clear website data again. My username is MoldyTomatoes, I'm not sure if it got registered or not but as soon as I went to login after registering, I got the above error.

Thanks. Hope it is fixed soon.

Jake

Developer
getting a 500 error when clicking on any forum with an "&" in it. Curious why you went with a custom built system instead of something pre built

Ash

Participant
getting a 500 error when clicking on any forum with an "&" in it. Curious why you went with a custom built system instead of something pre built
Sorry about that. The issue should be fixed now :). Because the site is mainly a social gaming platform with the forum as an added feature.

A member of our gaming community? No? Then you are missing out my fellow gamer. Come on over and join our community at Hive Gamurs. If you're not in gaming, then you can enjoy a quick chat with our members on our forum.

Why not join us and discuss whether or not you buy used games: https://www.hivegamurs.net/forum/gamur-lounge/52

Ash

Participant
It's been a hectic month. But Hive Gamurs is finally out of BETA! We have also finally released our clan management system with much more to come very soon. And if that wasn't enough, we have had a bit of a brand redesign with a brand new logo and social media rebranding :).

Come on over and have a look: https://www.hivegamurs.net