Hi Everyone

SrLudwig

Neophyte
My name is Luis, I'm originally from Spain but I live in Mexico. I've been a TAZ lurker for many years and finally decided to make an account. Hope everyone is well! :)

Nabix

My name is Luis, I'm originally from Spain but I live in Mexico. I've been a TAZ lurker for many years and finally decided to make an account. Hope everyone is well! :)
:welcome:
How does the language differ from Spain to Mexico? I have been told people from Mexico speak a broken version compared to Spain. Forgive my ignorance on the matter. Lol

SrLudwig

Neophyte
Thank you all for the warm welcome! :)

:welcome:
How does the language differ from Spain to Mexico? I have been told people from Mexico speak a broken version compared to Spain. Forgive my ignorance on the matter. Lol
Proper Mexican Spanish and in general Latin American Spanish are not really very different from Spain's. I would say they're not much different than British English is from American English.

But it's true, a majority of people here speak a broken version of Spanish, thanks mostly to a really bad education system. The influence of American culture has also contributed to this, even educated people will often use English words or expressions as part of their regular vocabulary. I hate when they do that, they're not only contributing to destroying the language, IMO they also sound very pretentious.

Bienvenido Luis! saludo desde ARG
¡Gracias, Tony! Un abrazo fuerte hasta la bella Argentina. :)