[HELP] What is "Language Processing"

Gabriel

Carboyht
What is "language processing"? Please give me a detailed explanation and please use the spellcheck too. I'm sorry to impose on people, but i've no choice. I just want to know. Lol, i checked other places but not a definite answer.

PalePhoenix

Prince of Dorkness
Gabriel said:
What is "language processing"? Please give me a detailed explanation and please use the spellcheck too. I'm sorry to impose on people, but i've no choice. I just want to know. Lol, i checked other places but not a definite answer.
Please provide the context in which you found it.

It commonly refers to the human cognitive ability to recognize and interpret verbal data, automatic word-coding techniques in a computerized environment, or the capacity for said computers to recognize different coding languages in a facsimile of the human talent (ex: "This is Visual Basic. This is Java. This is Linux" etc.). Do not accept this as a final explanation. Please tell us what need to know.

PalePhoenix

Prince of Dorkness
Gabriel said:
In a university site.
Need more data. Academia of some sort was presumed. It's too hoity-toity a term to be found too many other places. Use it in a sentence, if all else fails, or at least direct us to a site where it is demonstrated/discussed, and someone here will be glad to make it more sensible.