Hello IPS

Oedipus

Enthusiast
Hello,

why did they remove Pre-Sales question sub-forum? Now I have to send 10 emails when I remember what to ask. :p

1. Does IPS have some sort of Bug-report add-on?
2. Is 3.4x available for download and supported by IPS?

Panupat

Habitué
An answer from Matt

We want to give potential customers a much better and more personal experience when they have pre-sales questions. The forum tended to be relatively informal and it didn't always deliver the high levels of service we give in tickets and emails.

We want to bolster the information we have on the site, make the demo easier to get started with and work on our guides which should give a better amount of information so that potential customers don't feel they need to dig so hard for answers.

Before that pre-sales were mostly answered by communities. Some posts from 2015 - https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/421085-discouraging/?tab=comments#comment-2584871

Our staff replies in the pre-sales forum when others do not assist but we generally let clients answer prospective buyer's questions to get input from someone other than a staff person. People like that first hand knowledge.

Last edited:

jair101

Participant
1. Does IPS have some sort of Bug-report add-on?
2. Is 3.4x available for download and supported by IPS?

1. Not out of the box, but you can create a Pages database for that. I think there are some tutorials in the IPS community precisely for bug reporting.
2. No and No. Support I think goes as far as offering paid upgrade from 3.4.x, but it will probably be cheaper with one of the community members offering the same service.

D

Deleted member 3691

Hello!

As above: we don't have a bug tracking product, but it's possible to create one easily enough with Pages.
3.x is waaaaaaay out of date now. It'd be irresponsible for us to still sell it and support it.

Oedipus

Enthusiast
Thank you all for the replies. I'll quote the last one because he is from IPS.

Hello!

As above: we don't have a bug tracking product, but it's possible to create one easily enough with Pages.
3.x is waaaaaaay out of date now. It'd be irresponsible for us to still sell it and support it.

Okay. But if I ask you, is it possible for you to provide the files for me?

haqzore

Devotee
Thank you all for the replies. I'll quote the last one because he is from IPS.

Okay. But if I ask you, is it possible for you to provide the files for me?
I'm not IPS and this answer is 100% unofficial (but I'd bet a paycheck it's accurate):

No

V0RT3X

Aspirant

Like this for example. It's free and easy to modify to whatever you want...