HBO going belly up after GOT ends

fixer

I'm In My Prime
its going to be over for hbo too much competition

no way they can pull off another master piece like game of thrones

not to mention at&t corrupt business practice that blocked 1/2 of the hbo subscribers on satellite

mysiteguy

Fanatic
I thought they were simply shutting down one of their locations, moving most of those employees to other locations and laying off the remainder?

This was all planned before ATT was looking towards acquiring Timer-Warner.

fixer

I'm In My Prime
if they would of made the last 2
episodes of GOT a movie they would of made so much money they could ride it out for a while and let all the pop up pay services weed themselves out

R0binHood

Habitué
You should pitch them a show about a rag tag group of Militia single handedly trying to save the country as the political system goes crazy.

Sort of like Sons of Anarchy meets It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia meets House of Cards (the first couple of seasons)

Last edited:

mysiteguy

Fanatic
You should pitch them a show about a rag tag group of Militia single handedly trying to save the country as the political system goes crazy.

Sort of like Sons of Anarchy meets It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia meets House of Cards (the first couple of seasons)

They can call it "The Gang of Crazy Wannabees"

fixer

I'm In My Prime
Wannabees? Want to be what exactly?

R0binHood

Habitué
I just found out that Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas like to go out to dinner down the road from where I grew up. Didn't realise she went to school not far from me. She even went to the same theatre company I attended for a bit when I was kid!

Dammit, I knew I should have kept that up. I could have been Jon Snow! :cry:

Luuk

Aspirant
I don't think it will be over for them. They have Westworld which is pretty popular, and now the new Chernobyl is the highest rated TV show on IMDb

overcast

Adherent
I am not sure what they will do after GOT as is. I mean we have netflix, hulu and others now. Not a lot of shows you can see with HBO. Even chernobyl was okayish...

Jura

Devotee
Never in my life have I ever said I got to see something on HBO. None of their original shows ever looked appealing. Surprised they lasted this long.