Have Mike and Kier checked out of Xenforo?

BigIG

Aspirant
Kier and Mike haven't been on the site in about three weeks. Prior to that Mike hadn't posted since March? Kier posts in a bit of a flurry every 3-6 weeks it seems?

Or have I missed some news about ownership of the company? Or am I reading their profiles wrong?

Brogan and ChrisD seem to be minding the shop, with other moderators sporadically showing up. The forums seem to be in an ebb rather than a flow.

Support tickets do get dealt with though, even if we sometimes need to prod to get full answers.

Joeychgo

TAZ Administrator
Kier and Mike haven't been on the site in about three weeks. Prior to that Mike hadn't posted since March? Kier posts in a bit of a flurry every 3-6 weeks it seems?
just because you haven't seen them or they haven't posted means nothing. They are often on the site without being logged in and/or logged in without displaying their status...

BigIG

Aspirant
just because you haven't seen them or they haven't posted means nothing. They are often on the site without being logged in and/or logged in without displaying their status...
All good - we just noticed it the other day. They used to be active, creating video guides etc but I hadn't seen them on very often recently.

sbjsbj

Fan
Kier is not publicly active for at least 6 years now and Mike is on his 3rd year, if I am not mistaken.

My definition of publicly active = at least 7 posts a week in average.

BigIG

Aspirant
Kier is not publicly active for at least 6 years now and Mike is on his 3rd year, if I am not mistaken.

My definition of publicly active = at least 7 posts a week in average.
Shows how active I must be on the Xf forum if I didn't notice until now :)

sbjsbj

Fan
Shows how active I must be on the Xf forum if I didn't notice until now :)
Well, the video guides you mentioned were a thing in 2010. That level of activity never happened again nor someone else created video guides ever again.
:)

BigIG

Aspirant
Well, the video guides you mentioned were a thing in 2010. That level of activity never happened again nor someone else created video guides ever again.
:)
Brogan also seemed to give up doing his Bro-Guides after a while.

The customer service content and community building activities seem to have been abandoned, which is ironic.

vij

Enthusiast
When people who developed the top forum software, even with financial interests involved, can't get themselves to be engaged in their own forum - it is proof that forums are dying :p

Chris D

XenForo Developer
:rolleyes:

Oh, good. This conspiracy theory again.

Kier, Mike and I are full-time developers of XenForo and we are working on a number of projects together. As I type this, I'm in a conference call with them who are, incidentally, currently in a conference room together which, sadly, I couldn't make because my wife recently gave birth to our new daughter.

Us working on XenForo and other things XenForo-related are not contingent on our activity on the forum.

we_are_borg

Administrator
Let me put it in another way, I rather have that Kier, Mike and Chris develop Xenforo then them posting when not needed. On the other hand i do miss Kiers video’s explaining, Mike is not bad but I rather have Kier his voice is better.

Taylor J

Fan
Im still slowly working my way towards a new forum project but I've been stuck on choosing XF or IPB for months. The few have you seens (more like none) that have come out for the new version have been putting me off of XF but it's still such a nice simple forum software compared to IPB.

Then again I've always been an IPB fan boy (as you can tell I still haven't gotten around to calling it IPS) and it was my favorite forum script to make themes for and also offers a lot more. I'm really liking the new acp look, just wish it had a dark mode.

I'm still probably not going to have anything running for another few months so hopefully by then there will be more happenings with XF 2.2 being announced and shown off to help me make up my mind.

"Oh that's very twisty."

Underrated movie.
I actually loved that movie, it's one of the few ones I enjoy watching over and over again or just having play in the background while I do other things.