Shared has anyone got a contact email for SiteGround

mysiteguy

Migration Expert
Now I am trying to tidy things up I noticed my error log was very long.
So I asked them about it, and they said they were not really web host errors.
Most of the errors seems to be from people looking for scripts or word press files. And I do not have and have never had word press.
This is why I am trying to ban access to other countries as my site is really just for New Zealand, although I do have a couple of members from Australia and the USA.
Frankly, those are not what I would consider the responsibility of a host to answer. It's not a web hosting problem - the host is doing exactly what it should be doing: serving the content if it has it, serving a 404 error code if it doesn't. If a page or other asset (image, css, javascript, xml) isn't found then the problem either with the software you installed, a bad link to content (either by you, a side user or an outside site), or by scanners probing for vulnerable software

Basically, they aren't there to teach you how to be a webmaster. There are countless resources for that, for instance, TheAdminZone.

Please don't take this the wrong way. :) I'm just trying to explain the situation is you might be having unrealistic expectations about what they are responsible for answering.

Consider if you purchased a car. Ask them questions about the car. But you wouldn't expect them to teach you how to drive. :)

DigNap15

Enthusiast
Frankly, those are not what I would consider the responsibility of a host to answer. It's not a web hosting problem - the host is doing exactly what it should be doing: serving the content if it has it, serving a 404 error code if it doesn't. If a page or other asset (image, css, javascript, xml) isn't found then the problem either with the software you installed, a bad link to content (either by you, a side user or an outside site), or by scanners probing for vulnerable software

Basically, they aren't there to teach you how to be a webmaster. There are countless resources for that, for instance, TheAdminZone.

Please don't take this the wrong way. :) I'm just trying to explain the situation is you might be having unrealistic expectations about what they are responsible for answering.

Consider if you purchased a car. Ask them questions about the car. But you wouldn't expect them to teach you how to drive. :)
Thanks, I really appreciate your reply.
Being a webmaster is very hard, there is so much to learn
All I really want to do is run my forum, but there is so much back office stuff to learn.
People on TheAdminZone are very helpful

But as I said most of my earlier support questions were on just gettng set up

mysiteguy

Migration Expert
Thanks, I really appreciate your reply.
Being a webmaster is very hard, there is so much to learn
All I really want to do is run my forum, but there is so much back office stuff to learn.
People on TheAdminZone are very helpful

But as I said most of my earlier support questions were on just gettng set up
Unfortunately, the amount to learn is a bottomless well since technology keeps evolving. But over time it will become easier to learn. It shouldn't have to be this way, but it is. You can avoid the technical side to a degree with forum hosting services for Invision, Xenforo, etc. but they cost so much more than self-hosting and you become somewhat "handcuffed" to a provider.