Guidance Requested: XenForo to vB5

SquidCat

Aspirant
Hello everyone! I am thinking of making the switch over from XenForo to vB5. I recently got XenForo from a friend but then got vB5. I have the following questions:

1. Can I migrate all data over?

2. Is it possible to have the same theme I have on my XenForo to vB5? Or do I have to get a new one?

3. Is there anyway to migrate my plugins, too?

Thanks!!

BirdOPrey5

#Awesome
There is no supported means of converting from Xenforo to VB5. You might try and see how much it would cost for this company to convert you- http://gconverters.com/ - I've never used them but others have.

And no, the style is completely different, will need to be remade from scratch. Perhaps the site logo and background image (if used) can be reused but that would be it.

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
The plugins you will need to check vbulletin.org if there is no similiar one you will need to ask a developer to make one. The data the plugins have you'll need to ask developers if that can be imported in the vbulletin plugin.

SquidCat

Aspirant
There is no supported means of converting from Xenforo to VB5. You might try and see how much it would cost for this company to convert you- http://gconverters.com/ - I've never used them but others have.

And no, the style is completely different, will need to be remade from scratch. Perhaps the site logo and background image (if used) can be reused but that would be it.

Thanks for the site. Will check it out.

The plugins you will need to check vbulletin.org if there is no similiar one you will need to ask a developer to make one. The data the plugins have you'll need to ask developers if that can be imported in the vbulletin plugin.

Thanks!!

Horizon

Participant
Hello everyone! I am thinking of making the switch over from XenForo to vB5. I recently got XenForo from a friend but then got vB5. I have the following questions:

2. Is it possible to have the same theme I have on my XenForo to vB5? Or do I have to get a new one?

Thanks!!
My old vb5 forum was fast, very fast and there were some easy to use features like mod tools and the ability to drag and drop modules onto a page, which is the easiest of any software and I miss it BUT it is buggy. I had problems with new posts showing and registrations and vb5 is simply unsupported by third party developers. No decent skins are also a hindrance.

VB5 is a unfinished product, in my opinion. It has, had, the potential to be great and beat them all, but it just doesn't cut the mustard. And from a admin point of view, their ACP was a nightmare to use. My new Woltlab ACP is a dream to use, in comparison.

zappaDPJ

we_are_borg

Tazmanian

Thanks!!

Why do you want to migrate to vBulletin?

insaneadmin

Enthusiast
Besides blogs, articles, groups, calendar/events, and a site wide CMS system?
Are you working with the OP on this? If not, then how do you know the reasons they want to do this? That's all I am asking.

Finding out why someone wants to move from one software to another is good to know.

ozzy47

Tazmanian Master
Finding out why someone wants to move from one software to another is good to know.

Finally, someone asks the right question instead of suggesting platforms and knowing nothing about what the needs are of the OP.

Joeychgo

TAZ Administrator

Thanks!!

Short answer is this.... If your willing to spend a bunch of money on a custom coder or coders, then you can probably do it for the most part. Otherwise, no.

SquidCat

Aspirant

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
The biggest problem is migrating to vb5 that is going to take time and most lickly money.

Paul M

Super Moderator
It will certainly take money, there is no free importer for vB5 (in fact, I dont know of a paid one either).

ManagerJosh

Adherent
I want the usebars and Username colors. I feel like it is also more cleaner.

Most fansites for my game has it and everyone says it great. I personally think vB is better than XF.
Kinda like what you see here at TAZ? Username Colours?

dynamite

Participant
There is nothing better about vBulletin 5 that you can't find in another software, that is run by a company which cares about its customers