Growing up a community

Faust

Enthusiast
Hi. I would like to ask how easy is to grow up a photography community, and what tips you'd recommend.

Thanks

Abizaga

I am a tuna sandwich!
Getting a community going isnt easy. The way I got one going was by posting a link to mine where allowed in an existing community I was already established in.

Joel R

Fan
Hi. I would like to ask how easy is to grow up a photography community, and what tips you'd recommend.

Thanks
You can follow the CHIP process

Faust

Enthusiast
You can follow the CHIP process

Thanks

Faust

Enthusiast
Getting a community going isnt easy. The way I got one going was by posting a link to mine where allowed in an existing community I was already established in.
So you saying to advert forum link to an other photography forums ?

Faust

Enthusiast
If you can afford an ad campaign it can't hurt. As long as you can afford to keep it up, go for it.
thanks, planning to add lots of resources too. Need to think if worth investing in media management add on

zappaDPJ

Administrator
i don’t think if that will work...
If you are the only member posting it can help. New members are more likely to sign up if they think they are joining a community. You would do better to get friends involved but if that's not possible, sock puppets do have value.

Faust

Enthusiast
If you are the only member posting it can help. New members are more likely to sign up if they think they are joining a community. You would do better to get friends involved but if that's not possible, sock puppets do have value.
what do you mean by sock puppets ?

zappaDPJ

Administrator
what do you mean by sock puppets ?
ie creating accounts on your own forum as different users to pretend to be different users talking to each other
Personally I see them as a last resort. That kind of behaviour is generally frowned upon especially when used within an established forum but they can help kickstart a new forum.