Goooooogle It!

She Unlimited Magazine submitted a new Article:

Goooooogle It!

Veronica Marie. shows that there’s much more to Google than you thought

With the wealth of information currently available on the Internet, for many web-users, Google has long been the search-engine of choice. But Google is so much more than just a search-engine. For example, did you know that Google runs a shopping site called Froogle? Or that for a small fee, you can have Google experts answer even the most obscure of questions? No? Well read on!

For the Group-Focused
Google groups is a free service that helps groups of people communicate effectively using email and the Web. Not dissimilar to the well-known Yahoo Groups, each group is provided with its own home page hosted by Google. This is a space where members can start new discussions or reply to older topics. Not only does Google Groups offer the most comprehensive archive of postings, including more than 1 billion postings from the Usenet bulletin board service, but it also organizes messages in a much clearer fashion than most of their main rivals, adopting the principle of the three fast Rs: Read faster, Reply faster and Retrieve your messages faster. However, it does lack some of the personalization that some of its competitors offer. For example, it does not offer the option to add photos to your group, nor the opportunity to customize the design and layout of the introductory page. Still only running as a beta-version, however, these features may well be added shortly.

www.groups-beta.google.com

For the Buyer-Focused
Froogle (fru’gal) n. Smart shopping through Google
Froogle is a new service that makes it easy to find information about products for sale online, locating stores that sell the item you want to find and pointing you directly to the place where you can make a purchase.
To use Froogle, look for the Froogle Product Search box on the advanced search page or go directly to the Froogle home page. Type in the name of the item you want to find and click on "Froogle Search." Almost instantly, you'll see photos of relevant products, reviews and links to the stores that sell them with the option to compare each store’s range. You can also add items to your own or a friend’s wish list.

www.google.com/froogle

For the time challenged researcher
Don’t have time to find the information you’re looking for? Then have one of Google’s 500 experienced researchers do the work for you. Ask your question, decide how much...

Read more about this article here...

Last edited by a moderator:

BamaStangGuy

Fanatic
Does the link:url even work? It doesnt come up with anything on my site!

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=link%3Atheadminzone.com&btnG=Search"]link:theadminzone.com - Google Search[/ame]

and that is all I get for the admin zone

tomcromp

Aspirant
Yes it does work try with www.
[ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&q=link%3Awww.theadminzone.com&btnG=Search"]link:www.theadminzone.com - Google Search[/ame]

Lee Davies

Habitué
Nothing new, covered some of the more "advanced" stuff at college.

Interesting, but not really special since most major engines have those functions anyway.

arindra

discusstv.com
very nicely writen
and yeah , for somesites u will need to use the www.

link: is only a sampling of inbound links for a domain. It does not return an actual number of inbounds.

Wow, I have not been here in a while. Thanks for the comments. I wrote this article for the Newbie in mind. This was written over a year ago, Google has many more available features.

Does anyone here use gmail (like myself) rather than Outlook? Or any other mail application?

MissMoke

I speak Jive
I use outlook. Web based email makes me feel like a teenager or something. I configured google to flow into outlook and liked it better that way. Unfortunately I couldn't get people to write me at @gmail.com. I ended up deleting it because it never got used. Now my hotmail rolls into my Outlook program.

Basto

Forum Expert
I have a gmail account but I would never send anything I care about to it because even after you click delete they leave it on their servers I just do not trust google :/. Well its not just google, but the point is I feel unsafe with google and other companys that seem so eager to know everything about my life :/

It looks like I need to write another article... Basto sure does have some good points and conerns, find I use both (not outlook) but thunderbird and gmail..

I have not configured gmail to run with thunderbird yet though..:cgleam:

Stoosh

Adherent
if your using vbulletin, there is a plugin that automatically creates your sitemap and you can submit it to yahoo, google etc

64North

geospatially inclined
I don't quite understand what an overview of Google features has to do with forum revenue? How does using GMail instead of Outlook affect potential forum revene?