Google seems to hate my Vbulletin forum

gregdavidson

Enthusiast
For some odd reason Google really does not like my Vbulletin forum. I was lucky and was able to purchase the .com domain for the actual key phrase I was going for. I also added that key phrase in my page title and throughout my forum. I thought I was going to make the first or second page like I did with my blogs but Google won't even list my forum on the first 10 pages! I also noticed that my forum shows up as the bottom listing when I type in my actual domain name! Is it just my website or is this the way Google reacts to all Vbulletin websites that don't have VBseo installed?

PS. I tried installing the free Google Sitemap mod on my forum and it doesn't seem to be working. Google shows "ERRORS" when I submitted it to Webmaster Tools.

PacMan

Tazmanian
How long has your forum been up? How much content do you have?

Ted S

Tazmanian Master
Top Organic Rankings do not happen over night, or even over a few months for a competitive term nor does having your keyword on a few pages and in your url conclude your SEO efforts.

A few things to consider... What keywords are you targetting? How long have you been online and optimized? What sort of content depth do you have on the subject? How's the strength of your backlinks? Are you running a clear internal link structure? Does Google webmaster tools show any issues?

gregdavidson

Enthusiast
It's definitely the forum. The technique I used worked for a few blogs I setup.

cbp

Habitué
I clicked on the forum link of the site in your signature and got a 404 ... no wonder Google dosen't like it

MMM

Rent This Space...
Setup a wordpress blog on your site and install the sitemap/search engine plug-in. Provide a link to your forum from the blog. This will help attract more bots to your site ;)

djbaxter

Tazmanian Veteran
For some odd reason Google really does not like my Vbulletin forum. I was lucky and was able to purchase the .com domain for the actual key phrase I was going for. I also added that key phrase in my page title and throughout my forum. I thought I was going to make the first or second page like I did with my blogs but Google won't even list my forum on the first 10 pages! I also noticed that my forum shows up as the bottom listing when I type in my actual domain name! Is it just my website or is this the way Google reacts to all Vbulletin websites that don't have VBseo installed?

PS. I tried installing the free Google Sitemap mod on my forum and it doesn't seem to be working. Google shows "ERRORS" when I submitted it to Webmaster Tools.

How long has your forum been up? How much content do you have?

It's definitely the forum. The technique I used worked for a few blogs I setup.

Link to your forumn? And, as PacMan asked, how long has it been live?

Nimda

Enthusiast
Come back in 6 months then. If you want some tips on how to boost your SERPS (search engine ranking positions) tell us your forum url, and the keyword/phrase you're trying to rank for.

gregdavidson

Enthusiast
Nevermind, I got the first page! I went to xml-sitemaps.com and submitted the sitemap to Google. I "think" that's how I did it.

TheBasicsAbout

Aspirant
Assuming you are talking about http://www.legitimatewholesale.com/

about 10 years ago I had a wholesale rug business on line which was in the top 5 of every major search engine.
One of the bigger search engines back then actually picked my company name up as an extended word when searching "Wholesale Rugs" for a short time.

SEO rules have changed a lot ....

However; one constant is NICHE ... you need to create targeted niche directories and promote the directories individually.

Something like "Legitimate Wholesale" would be too vague. you need to funnel the point where your customer base will be looking.

They expect a Legitimate business ...
if you were looking for candy - would you search Legitimate Candy?

You said you are using the URL as a search term ...

but for as many years as I have been in retail (incorporated about 11 years)

I never looked for the search word "Legitimate" ...

I own a URL you would like - http://www.WebWholesaler.com
(it's NOT for sale ... :tisk: most likely :biglaugh: )
it's crappy mess and I don't care. That URL is premium commercial real estate.

Good Luck!
Me - Randy

LinkBliss_com

Aspirant
It's only been live for a couple of days.

hahaha :biglaugh: , yeah I think you should wait about a month for it to get indexed properly, and then you can start building from there. I think you will start to see some pages indexed after a week or two, but there's about a one month lag in my experience for full site indexing.. over time though you can build up tens of thousands of pages and high pagerank by working on your backlinks from various sources.

Eric

gregdavidson

Enthusiast
It was my fault, not the forums. Unfortunately I had to shut that idea down because it seemed too hard to get people to post or join the forum. Way too small of a niche.

gregdavidson

Enthusiast
I started up a forum about meteorites at www.meteoriteforums.com. It was the prefect domain name but a difficult and small niche. I contacted a few people on other forums to post but nobody seemed interested.

Potent

Neophyte
well i did have vbulletin and switched to IPB but u need to post lllots and get backlinks