Google PR Update begun ? (April 2006)

mightyb

Amaizingnistrator
This PR is possibly a glitch on googles side. I know a number of websites with only a few backlinks that got PR6. These are mainly new sites that have been created after pre April update.

edit-

lol just found a site that went from 0 to 8 in 3 weeks

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=72002

Last edited:

Brollachan

Adherent
Tends to happen with new sites that weren't included in the last page ranking. And I though I was doing well with one of my sites which went from 0 to 6.

DMB

vBulletin User
It does seem like a glitched update. A few forums with no backlinks and about 50 total posts are at PR4 after a month or so of being in existence.

BrandonSheley

loving life
ya, it defiantly has to be a glitch,, for a site 3 months old, and no back links to go from PR0 to PR8,, has to be wrong,,

either way, I'm making the most of my PR while I have it :D

quentin

Habitué
a curious thing happenned to one of my sites, where all pages updated, but the home page.

mightyb

Amaizingnistrator
Brollachan
Loco.M
rmwebs
mrsamd

So did you guys suddenly start getting more traffic as your PR went up? Did you have a jump in SERPs?

Tefra

Participant
I started a new site 5 weeks ago and it jumped to pr5.
I got many backlinks from many sites but it's so strange.

mak

Participant
My site's still PR4. Google hasn't updated the backlinks for my site for ages either, I've achived a lot of backlinks in the recent months so I hope google updates soon..

Hired Goomba

Enthusiast
My main site which isn't even finished yet is at 5. But my forum is at 0... I don't understand that but ok...

SaN-DeeP

TechArena.IN
Artakserksis said:
Yup, I see changes too. My site got up to PR 5 from 0 in one go. :D
thats a problem with google (datacenter moves/updates/additions), my assumption is, this wont be for a long time :)

BGonaSTICK

Participant
Does anybody have any idea how often Google update their backlinks? Does it tie in with pagerank updates at all?

I've been working really hard on this, and yet only see about 5% reflected on Google :rant: :D