I know that I have been penalized because if I type the name of my site, "anons converse", or "anons converse message board", or something like that, it's not coming up as the first or second result as it always used to! Last time I checked, it was coming up on the bottom of the sixth page.Dear site owner or webmaster of http://www.anonsconverse.tk/,
We've detected that some of your site's pages may be using techniques that are outside Google's Webmaster Guidelines.
Specifically, look for possibly artificial or unnatural links pointing to your site that could be intended to manipulate PageRank. Examples of unnatural linking could include buying links to pass PageRank or participating in link schemes.
We encourage you to make changes to your site so that it meets our quality guidelines. Once you've made these changes, please submit your site for reconsideration in Google's search results.
If you find unnatural links to your site that you are unable to control or remove, please provide the details in your reconsideration request.
If you have any questions about how to resolve this issue, please see our Webmaster Help Forum for support.
Google Search Quality Team
Apparently it's saying that I have unnatural links. Now, I will go bullet by bullet and tell you what it is that I was doing:
- I submitted my link to a few directories
- I did a link exchange with The Admin Zone
- I kept answering questions on Yahoo! Answers and signing off with a link to my site or kept asking questions and linking to my website with the intent to promote it (this is what I think got me screwed because I probably got like 50 violations from Yahoo! for doing this and thank god they still haven't suspended me yet)
- I submitted a bunch of links to my website to Google - like one for my homepage, and then one for each of my forums
- For Promotion and Forum Hosting sites where it is a common practice to have a banner of your site that links to it in your signature, I did exactly that
- I changed my avatar on many places to that "AC" favicon
- I did html meta tags for a description as well as a list of keywords
- On some forums and places, I have set my "homepage" as my site
So is Yahoo! Answers what killed me, or is there something else as well? How do I resolve these issues?