Global warming ‘isn’t the great threat we were told’

zmih

Neophyte
CO2 is our waste product. Breathing in too much of it is poisonous. Why do you think the human body "needs it"?

I know we are going offtopic with this but since you asked:

( Also watch this show to learn how breathing is important, and how to breathe correctly. :) )

Last edited:

zmih

Neophyte
I am no expert, I just use my common sense. There is a good documentary about climate change hoax.

Don't you think that in the history (before industrial age) there hasn't been increase and decrease in temperature? Or should I say before media?

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
Don't you think that in the history (before industrial age) there hasn't been increase and decrease in temperature? Or should I say before media?
No-one is disputing that, not even the climate change people.

The difference is that 10,000 years ago around the time of the last ice age or so, there weren't 8 billion people on the planet.

These 8 billion people also weren't collectively dumping man-made trash into the ocean, cutting down the rainforests (primary land-based consumers of CO2), setting fire to things or farming large numbers of animals for food (thus emitting quantities of methane into the atmosphere)

The difference, ultimately, is not that the planet's climate is changing - change is normal. What is different is the now 8 billion humans making it happen much, much faster and more wildly than before, dumping who knows what into the ecosystem with no way of knowing what changes will happen because it's a complicated ecosystem.

The planet's design was perfect - until mankind grew to the point of messing with the design because he thought he knew better.

farming large numbers of animals for food (thus emitting quantities of methane into the atmosphere)
World population of humans - 7.95 Billion (2022)
World population of cows - about one billion head in 2022, up from approximately 996 million in 2021
World estimated animal population - Scientists have estimated that there is a total of 8.7 million animal species living on Earth
Now between these 3 groups which is the larger producer emitting methane?
Generally, global animal population has decreased 70%, humans have increased substantially.
Google - animal population 2022
The difference, ultimately, is not that the planet's climate is changing - change is normal. What is different is the now 8 billion humans making it happen much, much faster and more wildly than before, dumping who knows what into the ecosystem with no way of knowing what changes will happen because it's a complicated ecosystem.
I agree with the dumping causing pollution of the ecosystem but that has little or no effect on climate change.

Last edited:

Pete

I agree with the dumping causing pollution of the ecosystem but that has little or no effect on climate change.
How do you know?

The ecosystem is so massive and so complex, how do *any* of us know there's little or no effect?

mysiteguy

Migration Expert
According to NASA atmospheric scientist in the above article, CO2 in the earths atmosphere is a mere 0.0407% . It is so low that it's designated a trace gas.
Hardly the main cause of climate change as some governments and politicians would have you believe.
You've avoided mentioning NASA overwelmingly backs the science of man made climate change. Your cherry picking is intellectual dishonesty, and the fact that you don't know that concentrations don't have to be high to drive temperatures up (they only need to be relatively higher than they were), reveals again a lack of knowledge surrounding this topic.

Last edited:

mysiteguy

Migration Expert
I don't believe in this sh*t at all. People have like 1% effect on planet. Volcanos erupt over a million tons of magma during eruption. Where all that magma goes?
Now count number of volcanos and euruptions every day.

Planet has a perfect design.

The planet is not designed. Anyone who approaches this from a "design" viewpoint is revealing they aren't basing debate on testable science, they are basing it on religious ideology.

mysiteguy

Migration Expert
I am no expert,
Finally, something we can all agree on.

I just use my common sense.
And something people who understand science will disagree with you about.

There is a good documentary about climate change hoax.
Telling how you joined only to demonstrate the Internet's lowered barrier to entry. This reeks of sock-puppetry.

mysiteguy Your being overly abusive and condescending. This shows me your personal attacks are poorly designed from your lack of understanding. If you haven't, take the time to watch the vid zmih posted, real scientific evidence may open your mind and you might be less obnoxious.
No where does NASA overwelmingly backs the science of man made climate change.
And the planet was designed.

Nev_Dull

Anachronism
I don't believe in this sh*t at all. People have like 1% effect on planet. Volcanos erupt over a million tons of magma during eruption. Where all that magma goes?
Now count number of volcanos and euruptions every day.

Planet has a perfect design.
  • The planet wasn't designed, it coalesced into a planet from the stuff that formed the sun and rest of the solar system.
  • 90% of the planet is uninhabitable by humans, without technological assistance.
If someone designed this place, I want my money back!

mysiteguy

Migration Expert
mysiteguy Your being overly abusive and condescending. This shows me your personal attacks are poorly designed from your lack of understanding.
As I said before.... when you examine why people ridicule flat earthers, you'll understand why I find your climate beliefs on this topic as nonsensical.

How long would you put up with someone repeating to you their flat earth hogwash? Do you think flat earthers earn the laughter, criticism and scorn they receive?

If you haven't, take the time to watch the vid zmih posted, real scientific evidence may open your mind and you might be less obnoxious.
I have seen the same pseudo science arguments many times. Rehashing and repackaging FUD doesn't change that it's FUD.

No where does NASA overwelmingly backs the science of man made climate change.
There are over 19,000 pages on NASA's web site covering man-made climate change/global warming.

And the planet was designed.
If this planet was designed, the designer did a poor job in my opinion.
A planet which kills an enormous number of people because of disease, starvation and natural disaster.
The tens of thousands of parents every year who beg, plead and pray for the designer to save their child, yet they die from horrific suffering deaths of starvation and disease.
Numerous mass extinctions.
We're one big asteroid away from wiping out all of humanity.
An ecosystem fragile enough that a few decades of chlorofluorocarbon emissions resulted in rapid destruction the ozone layer.

zmih

Neophyte
Finally, something we can all agree on.

And something people who understand science will disagree with you about.

Telling how you joined only to demonstrate the Internet's lowered barrier to entry. This reeks of sock-puppetry.

Well formulated arguments.

Well, well, well

If we trust NASA, we also trust the UN?

Well done, pretty much sums up what has already been said and documented that climate change due to mans polluting the earth with CO2 is fraudulent misrepresentation of science.

wmeet

Neophyte
even if we could we wouldn't because 99.9% of us wouldn't accept living in a pre-industrial age.
So you think that if the world took meaningful action against climate change, that would result in us living in a pre-industrial society? Haha sorry but you are pretty clueless about all this.

zappaDPJ

Administrator
So you think that if the world took meaningful action against climate change, that would result in us living in a pre-industrial society? Haha sorry but you are pretty clueless about all this.
Quite likely but at least I'm capable of posting my opinion without having to resort to personal slurs which incidentally is a trait that tends to caste doubt on your opinions.

Pete

Seems this thread is drawing out multiple possible sock accounts.

rafalp

Desu Ex
If we trust NASA, we also trust the UN?
This is false equivalency fallacy.

Also, here's graph of temperature to solar cycle over long period. Do you see a correlation here?

Oldsmoboi

Fan
While I think it's entirely possible we are doomed to disappear due to stupidity and greed, I also think if we should survive, time and technical evolution will always provide an answer e.g. what happened to the great eco-pocalyptic ozone hole conundrum?

And anyway our significance as far is mother nature is concerned is still insignificant. Planet earth will easily out-survive all the little meat bags living on its surface. As a wise man once said...

That, along with Acid Rain, are things we actively did to change our behavior and start repairing the damage. We changed refrigerants in our cars and appliances. We changed aerosol cans. And while not completely fixed, we've brought the average size of the ozone hole back down from the 2000 and 2006 highs. 2019 had been the best year since 1988.

Oldsmoboi

Fan
According to NASA atmospheric scientist in the above article, CO2 in the earths atmosphere is a mere 0.0407% . It is so low that it's designated a trace gas.
Hardly the main cause of climate change as some governments and politicians would have you believe.
From Columbia University:

CO2 makes up only about 0.04% of the atmosphere, and water vapor can vary from 0 to 4%. But while water vapor is the dominant greenhouse gas in our atmosphere, it has “windows” that allow some of the infrared energy to escape without being absorbed. In addition, water vapor is concentrated lower in the atmosphere, whereas CO2 mixes well all the way to about 50 kilometers up. The higher the greenhouse gas, the more effective it is at trapping heat from the Earth’s surface...... Because of the greenhouse effect created by these trace gases, the average temperature of the Earth is around 15˚C, or 59˚F, which allows for life to exist.
SOME CO2 is needed... but there can be too much. We're dumping ~37 gigatons of CO2 into the atmosphere every year while we are also cutting down rain forests that absorb it. It is a system that is out of balance.

But it is abundantly clear that you have an agenda. I don't know what that agenda is, but you are committed to being wrong just to support it.