GDPR - What does it mean for the forum owner?

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
Yes you need to store all concent you as owner need to prove that concent was given. IP address you’ll need to say whats used for and how long you save it the longer the better why you’ll need it. For banned IP addresses the rule are different because you then have legitimate interest.

Adds without cookies are great you’ll do not need to ask permission for the add, lookout for cookies set by the add it self. The disadvantage is that adds are going to fetch less money.

Yes always do full disclosure this way no one can say anything also sharing data is also under law.

Nuno

Participant
Thanks for you explanation,
So, I can't use the XF cookie consent since it doesn't store the user consent.

What consent tools are you using?
I already know know Cookiebot and Onetrust
There are some open source ones oiljs that should need some work.

Last edited:

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
Thanks for you explanation,
So, I can't use the XF cookie consent since it doesn't store the user consent.

What consent tools are you using?
I already know know Cookiebot and Onetrust
There are some open source ones oiljs that should need some work.

You’ll need to read xf what version is compatible that version should be enough.

Nuno

Participant
You’ll need to read xf what version is compatible that version should be enough.
But since xenforo doesn't store the consent, how can this be compliant with sites that are serving ads?
Xenforo only display a notice that you can dismiss ... it will place a cookie but does't log anything.

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
[USERGROUP=3]Administrative[/USERGROUP] what version does store concent or is it an add-on.

Nuno

Participant
[USERGROUP=3]Administrative[/USERGROUP] what version does store concent or is it an add-on.
Sorry, I'm not following you.
I'm talking about the consent cookie record. Xenforo does not log the cookie consent anywhere so it's not a tool we can use to record the user action.

zappaDPJ

Google has been hit with 50 million euro GDPR fine over ads.

Google has been fined 50 million euros (£44m) by the French data regulator CNIL, for a breach of the EU's data protection rules.

CNIL said it had levied the record fine for "lack of transparency, inadequate information and lack of valid consent regarding ads personalisation".

The regulator said it judged that people were "not sufficiently informed" about how Google collected data to personalise advertising.

In a statement, Google said it was "studying the decision" to determine its next steps.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46944696

evcom

Participant
I've noticed over the last couple years that more an more sites are using "big" cookie banners and the reason is, the "yes, I accept" button is at least in the EU no longer good enough. I haven't read through all the posts above as the last post was done mor ethan 3 years ago. But I guess some of you have implemented a complieant solution in the meantime? Possibly using an external provider that does all the heave work regarding the cookie banner? If so, how did you go about it? Is there any provider you can recommend? I am using Invision Community and the integrated Cookie banner functionality seems no longer compliant with latest EU laws. Thanks for any pointers.